• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New, Improved 4th Reich

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
I'll give it 10 years, tops.

Merkel To Europe: "Prepare To Cede Sovereignty"

The liquidity tsunami that started in September of 2012 in the Marriner Eccles building and continued with the BOJ's own epic QEasing expansion three weeks ago, has so far provided the impetus for Europe to kick the can of its inevitable dissolution for a few more months, yet slowly but surely the market is starting to read through the artificial levels implied by Italian and Spanish bonds, driven by recycled ECB funding via bank and repo conduits and of course Japanese carry cash, and rumblings of a return to crisis conditions are back.

And as always happens, once the crisis talk is back, so is discussion of a fiscal union. Sure enough, earlier today Germany's Angela Merkel once again reminded everyone just what the stakes are in order to achieve a truly stable, and sustainable European union: nothing short of ceding sovereignty to Germany. And with that we are back to square one, because that has always been the trade off - want a unified, fiscally and monetarily, Europe? You can get it: just bow down to Merkel.

More: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-2 ... overeignty

I love my German heritage and I don't regret the 13 years I lived in Germany, but I surely don't envy my mother for having to pay 40% in taxes. It's sad to listen to my mother tell stories about companies in her town who have been in buisness for longer than the U.S. has been a country, that are going under because of the financial status of the E.U.

aksavanaman said:
I love my German heritage and I don't regret the 13 years I lived in Germany, but I surely don't envy my mother for having to pay 40% in taxes. It's sad to listen to my mother tell stories about companies in her town who have been in buisness for longer than the U.S. has been a country, that are going under because of the financial status of the E.U.
My maternal great grandmother was German, so same here. This, however, is not about Germans. It's about Nazi's.

Well, am I understanding the article correctly? Basically Merkel is proposing "follow Germany's financial plan or else?". I mean, you already have Portugal, Spain and Greece who are coming out and saying this whole Euro thing was kinda a bad idea. How would "Frau Merkel" force other Nations to relinquish their power? Are we talking strictly on an economic scale, force countries to abide or don't get goods/services and aid?

aksavanaman said:
Well, am I understanding the article correctly? Basically Merkel is proposing "follow Germany's financial plan or else?". I mean, you already have Portugal, Spain and Greece who are coming out and saying this whole Euro thing was kinda a bad idea. How would "Frau Merkel" force other Nations to relinquish their power? Are we talking strictly on an economic scale, force countries to abide or don't get goods/services and aid?
ak, I think one leads to the other. Money is power and the lack thereof makes you vulnerable to those who do.

I read the article a little further in and it would indicate to me that Germany (being financially sound - compared to others EU countries) would lead the charge for reforming the financial structure of the EU. Essentially not allowing member countries who benefit from aid while floundering during tough times to walk to their own beat in the good times. All seems fair, I guess at first glance.

I think the danger is handing over too much control to the player with the most monopoly money now in exchange for your sovereignty later. Make no mistake it is indeed sovereignty we're talking about not finances. Sounds like a slippery slope.

The catch...EU withstanding or not, Europe will continue to struggle and stumble financially if member countries can't their houses in order. This ongoing instability will eventually lead people to secede power to a "savior" be it a country or a personality.

Sounds like Gunny is on the right track.

That's what Hitler was; in the beginning he was a savior to the German people.

IMO, we have our own issues both sides of the border and we're not domestically healthy this time around. The great depression made people hungry and when the call came everyone answered. However awful it might sound WW2 made us wealthy, war is good for the economy especially on that kind of scale. You just have to keep it on someone else's doorstep, not your own.

cmcdonald said:
However awful it might sound WW2 made us wealthy, war is good for the economy especially on that kind of scale. You just have to keep it on someone else's doorstep, not your own.

Well said, but I'm afraid it's already walking down the driveway :?

I actually researched this on german news websites (I don't get to use my German fluency very often so thanks for that!) and as both of you have deduced, this very much sounds like a repeat of history. While tough times always call for tougher measures, I fear this may end in something no one wanted. Not only are we dealing with our own country slowly tearing at the seems, but more and more instability is surfacing all around the world.

Understanding the EU and how it functions is one of the most difficult things I've ever run across. I started finding out about it in the late '80's when I was working for Boeing and we were watching Airbus take market share from us. They did some damage, let me tell you. But that's kind of a sideshow.

There's a lot of info on the net about the EU, and the many "Communities" (different than the Nations )that it consists of. Wikipedia is the most convenient, although not the most accurate or complete.

If they ever really get their act together, they will be a force to be reckoned with (economically and otherwise). Germany could become the de facto "boss" of the entire mess, which bothers a lot of people world wide. WWII is still fresh in many minds.

I don't want to derail this discussion but isn't that what is going on in this country? We can not pay our own way, we borrow and borrow and borrow our way out of one problem into another. One thing that hasn't happened yet, at least not on paper, is the noteholder(s) saying "Enough of this. Time to pay up." Our sovereignty is definitely on the chopping block but not as far as some in the EU.

These are just further steps toward a one world economy. The EU is further along but if they get this mess straightened out we will be dealing with a new economic superpower. And the US will be on the losing end. It is almost like Russia taking over all the former Soviet Block countries but without firing a single shot. And just like the Soviet Block, put all your eggs in one basket and it crashes, everybody loses.

Back when they started talking about the EU and changing the face of Europe I thought is was a bad idea even though it was touted as being a way for all European countries to flourish. That thought hasn't changed. What good is it to be from the country of Ivelostmyassistan if it no longer has any valid identity.

I guess it comes down to control. You can attempt to control a region with military might as the Germans did in the past or you can control them by owning them as it seems they are trying to do now.

That day of being owned and controlled by outside entities is approaching here to. It will be ugly.

OhioArcher » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:45 am - I don't want to derail this discussion but isn't that what is going on in this country? We can not pay our own way, we borrow and borrow and borrow our way out of one problem into another. One thing that hasn't happened yet, at least not on paper, is the noteholder(s) saying "Enough of this. Time to pay up." Our sovereignty is definitely on the chopping block but not as far as some in the EU.
Understanding the EU is beyond my pea brain but more than anything I think I have some understanding of human nature and have taken some interest in history.

Given the instability in the EU and the amount of trade between member nations and North America, the note has been called to an extent. Just the other day, the head of the International Monetary Fund told the US to get their finances and debt in hand.

Not sure of the domestic or foreign implications but I believe we could be standing on the precipice of a collapse of the western economies Europe and NA. Too much debt...Canada is not exempt on that front either. The US definitely has to lead the charge here...definitely the biggest player on the block. If not, NA will be owned lock, stock and barrel by China; then its game over...we're done.

It's long been known that most western countries have extended themselves long past their own gold reserves, making paper notes worthless in all reality...bad financial planning and bankers too eager to lend and gain sway over governments and policies.

Financial instability will pave the way for dictatorships and tyrannical governments. It sets the stage for opportunistic financiers and bankers to back their puppets and put them forward for the masses to look to for salvation.

I gots me a mighty bad feeling about what the future holds for all of us. Makes me sick to my stomach when I think of my daughter's future.

cmcdonald said:
I gots me a mighty bad feeling about what the future holds for all of us. Makes me sick to my stomach when I think of my daughter's future.
That’s why we must set our kids up for success ....as you know.
I go about life as a dad normally other than my son could shoot before he could ride a bike……he played video games but he also can start a primitive fire and build a primitive shelter. My son is polite and courteous, he can get along with society but I also taught him to question everything, speak up for what he believes in and to trust no one until they have given you a reason to trust them. I let him be himself but I also instilled ruggedness in him, he doesn’t look for trouble but he won’t back down from it either. College is great but the skills I have given him will keep him alive, especially is something goes down in our lifetime

oli700 said:
cmcdonald said:
I go about life as a dad normally other than my son could shoot before he could ride a bike……he played video games but he also can start a primitive fire and build a primitive shelter. My son is polite and courteous, he can get along with society but I also taught him to question everything, speak up for what he believes in and to trust no one until they have given you a reason to trust them. I let him be himself but I also instilled ruggedness in him, he doesn’t look for trouble but he won’t back down from it either. College is great but the skills I have given him will keep him alive, especially is something goes down in our lifetime

Oli my hats off to you. it's called common sense,street smarts,and family values. missing in a lot of house holds today,

old mossy said:
oli700 said:
cmcdonald said:

Oli my hats off to you. it's called common sense,street smarts,and family values. missing in a lot of house holds today,
I second that. My daughter is also in college and we put a lot of time and effort into raising her right. My wife stayed home til she was 14...believe me, we paid for it! That was not easy and as for a lifestyle well, we didn't really have one. She's a motivated student and is respected by her peers. She is also being sought after to mentor younger students. Makes her papa proud!

Sounds like we have a few things in common. My daughter shoots the .22 semi-auto and I'm proud to say she's darn accurate on the ol' 12ga Mossy too; she destroys 90% of the clays thrown for her! Brings a little tear to my eye! :lol:

old mossy said:
it's called common sense,street smarts,and family values. missing in a lot of house holds today,

Absolutely right! I've got a guy at my unit who's jumped rank pretty quickly... book smarts and a bit of luck. BUT, he's a terrible leader and wouldn't be able to tell if he was walking into a dangerous situation unless it hit him in the face (even then it would take him a couple minutes to figure it out).

I'll forego the money and the "education" (not that I'm saying its a waste, I'm still in school as we speak) and rely on my instincts and common sense... I'll stay alive longer for sure!

AK.....I know a few like him.....you forgot one important component to the recipe..I bet he is a bullshitter too...There is one around here on the fast track but he was a little too fast and a little too full of shit and got pegged as a fake. Now no one trusts him and he never gets decent assignments anymore. The name has spread enough through the agency that I even heard people I didn’t even know trash talking the name at a conference up in the north part of the state. People like that can go far if they never get tested in real life….true leaders are born leaders, most of them don’t even realize it until someone brings is out of them.

Mossy……I can just hope I did right by him. He isn’t dead or in jail so …..

CMC……you’re a lucky guy. Sounds like you have a great family and it sounds like you got it dialed in. My son’s mom didn’t work either. I never worried about it because she was being mom and I liked that….better for him and we lived fine….for a while we lived in a cabin with no power but I was happy.

Back