• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New/Indiana

mike

.22LR
Hi all. Truck driver and National Guard Soldier here. Bought a 590A1 last fall after a couple guys tried to break in my house when the whole family was home. I think they assumed nobody was home and at any rate they took off when they figured out the house was occupied. I always kept a Glock 23 loaded but I wanted something with more "umph" if multiple bad guys showed up again. I keep it loaded with Federal LE132 00 buck. Love the gun.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Thank you for serving our country and protecting our freedom. It is much appreciated. Sorry to hear that someone actually broke into your house but a Mossberg 590A1 is certainly an excellent home defense shotgun. Make sure you post up some pictures of your Mossberg 590A1 if you get a chance. We all enjoy checking each others firearms out.

Welcome aboard Sir,

It can't be said enough, thank you so very much for your service and dedication to protecting our Nation's future. Please take your time exploring all that our site has to offer. We have a Glock thread in our "other weapons" subforum that's just waiting for pics of your G23. People say they all look alike, but I never get tired of lookin at em. Have an OD G23 myself and love it. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

My 590 is pretty basic but I did make some changes.
010-1.jpg

Tritium front sight post.
015-1.jpg

Tac Star Side Saddle.
012-1.jpg

I also put in a Wolf magazine spring and a S&J hardware delrin 870 follower. I'm wanting to put a surefire forend on it when money becomes available.

I like your setup a lot. I bet that tritium front dot is a major improvement over the stock setup.

DHonovich, I love tritium sights I have them on my G23, 1911 and this shotgun. Well worth the money IMO.

LAZY EYED SNIPER, you're welcome. I'm very happy and proud to serve my country been doing it for 18 years now. My G23 is also OD.

Mike, as has been said, Thank You! We appreciate your service man!

Thats a good lookin Mossy too and good choice on the Fed LE 132! My favorite 00 to date!

Back