• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Member, Central PA

Itsricmo

.30-06
Hey Everyone! I'm a New member just joined this morning! Good friend of mine suggested I check out the page and what information you folks have to offer, and I was instantly impressed! I really enjoy the world of shotguns and had thought I really soaked up all there was to know about my Mossy 500... I was sadly mistaken!! :p

Little about me:

I'm 19 years old, engaged for 3 months now, graduated in 2010 from High School. During High School I attended our Vocation Technologies school for Mechanical Engineering for 4 years. In those 4 years I have been certified by passing the State NOCTI exam on 3 levels and the NIHMS for CNC machining. Unfortunately jobs in the area for Machining are scarce so I have been employed by Norfolk Southern Rail Company for a few months. Fun and very interesting job!

As for my Arsenal, I only have 1 gun, I am building up some reserve cash before I buy another firearm. I have had an H&R Pardner Tracker II (12ga Slug Gun), Savage MKII F (.22LR), Mossberg 464 Lever Action (30-30) and I still own my favorite gun and the one I saved for specifically:

Started as a Mossberg 500 Field model on sale for $260, traded in the Savage on it and paid only $80 cash for it. Since then I have had a few Setups all with 18.5" security barrel.

1st: Hogue 12" LOP OM Butt Stock with Hogue OM Forend
2nd: Hogue Tamer 12ga Pistol Grip with Hogue OM Forend
3rd: Original Wood Furniture with security Barrel, gave it a nostalgic look
and last:

Mossberg 500; 18.5" Security Barrel, Hogue OM Forend, MesaTactical 6-shot SureShell side saddle, MesaTactical LEO Adapter, UTG Mil-spec buffer, Magpul MIAD Grip and MagpuMOE stock. I am still looking for a sight, or rail with Iron sights to mount.

Here are some Pictures:
overview.jpg

tamerpg.jpg

fullview.jpg

forend.jpg

Saddle.jpg

PG.jpg

overview-1.jpg

Yes, I am aware I put the Cheek Riser on backwards.. it was too much of a pain to get off to care for a quick picture :lol:

MOEStock.jpg

Buffer.jpg

I also apologize for the oversize of the pictures, I am working on it!
Google: Vendetta642 photobucket and you can view them all their :D haha
That's all I can think of for now!

Very, Nice!

Welcome from MI!!

Thanks Mike! I am still working on those pictures, I got them from photo bucket and they are HUGE! Wish they would have fit. Maybe I will just get some new ones, eh?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Welcome, I'm from Johnstown, but at school at Penn State at the moment. What part of Central PA are you from? Also, I love that tactical stock! Good looking gun!

Thanks for the Video Welcoming lol, beats typing all that stuff!

RJP, more specifically I am from Ebensburg, I put Central, PA just to be general! I work out of Juniata, Altoona.

howdy Itsricmo and welcome to the club....great pix....

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so thanks for the pics of your 500. Feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossbergs around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

I will have to get some more pictures than! I'll get my dads Compact .45 ACP on with my gear, Hopefully soon as well!

RJP, that is probably 5 minutes drive down the road! haha That guy has a decent selection but I like Grice's Gun Shop in Clearfield and East Coast Gun Sales in Altoona. ECGS has closed down since last week though... some bad things were going on out the back doors.

Itsricmo said:
RJP, that is probably 5 minutes drive down the road! haha That guy has a decent selection but I like Grice's Gun Shop in Clearfield and East Coast Gun Sales in Altoona. ECGS has closed down since last week though... some bad things were going on out the back doors.

Ya I heard a lot of shady stuff about ECGS though the grapevine. I hear a lot of shady stuff though, about a lot of places, guess they were just dumb enough to get caught. I know a lot of people that went there for their going out of business sale. They had some really good deals, but I didn't feel like standing in line for an hour to get in and then another hour to check out. Grice's has a good selection, I've only been there once though. Gander Mountain in J-town has a good selection, but they are highly overpriced! I buy most of my hunting gear there though, just because half the time I'd spend more in gas to try and find stuff somewhere else...

Thanks Everyone one the contiuous gretings! :p ... as for ECGS RJP, a guy i work with got a DPMS ARMS A2 style for 500 smackers. Thats easily a 1200 dollar gun.. I missed out on some good stuff! I got the Federal Tactical slugs for $1.80/box though!

Dang dude!!! The 500 looks great! Good work on it man!

And the Federal Tac slugs for $1.80!!! Great deal on those!

So, while we've talked elsewhere, let me formally say;
Welcome to Mossberg Owners!!!

Thanks and Thanks Rossingol!
And Thankyou Brnd!

I have a little bit of money tied up in my shotty but it is EXACTLY how I wanted it since bought it as a 500 field edition lol

Back