• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New member from NC

Hello everyone. Thought I'd take a minute to introduce my self. Some of you may know me on other forums as BLUEJAWTRIGGER .

My name is Mark. I own 3 Mossbergs, 24" JM Pro, 500 sportsman choice and Persuader among other firearms. I shoot competitively, hunt and fish.

Look forward to getting to know more like minded people and expand my knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from MI!!

Are you a turkey hunter?

Thank you. Yes sir. Grew up hunting Turkey's in My home state of Oklahoma since I can remember. I've got a Rem. 870 set up as my Turkey gun.

Almost every shotgun I own has been patterned for turkey. LOL

This year I'm going to try it with a crossbow. I missed one with a compound a couple years ago and need a little redemption.

Very nice. I haven't tried hunting one with my bow yet. I want too tho. That's tough. Definitely would use a blind when I do. Do you use a diaphragm or box call. Or both?

Very nice. I haven't tried hunting one with my bow yet. I want too tho. That's tough. Definitely would use a blind when I do. Do you use a diaphragm or box call. Or both?

I tend to hunt from a pop up. The property where I hunt holds a few of us so there is not a lot of space to run and gun. I like to sit on the corner of a bean field. I've had good luck there in the early season, they pass through the area pretty regularly. Later in the season they spend more time in the woods. With winter still clinging on here preventing a lot of the ground cover from sprouting in the woods I hope the field will pay off again this year.

I use all of the above when it comes to calls. I always have at least a box, slate and a couple mouth calls on me. You never know what will work on a given bird. Last year the box call brought him in running, I was done with my season 45 minutes after i started. Some years they won't answer to anything.

I also like to use a couple hen decoys. I've had really mixed results with jake/tom decoys but the hens seen to work most of the time. Occasionally I'll set a hen low to the ground with a jake looking like he is mating her to get the toms riled up.

I'm always willing to mix things up if things slow down.

Variety is the spice of life. I use hens as well. Never had luck with Tom decoys.

I can use every call well except a diaphragm. Just never could get it down.

I hope to do a little hunting this year. Missed out the last couple years.

Welcome aboard.

I'm a native Texan but spent a LOT of time in Oklahoma, primarily Lawton, Ardmore, and Cache. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so thanks for the pics of your 930 JM Pro. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Glocks and an M&P. My two favorites!!

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Mark !!

Nice firearm collection...

Thank you shooter.:) I'm finding it very resourceful and friendly so far.

Few accessories: Side saddle and Match Saver
I can really see where the match saver could live up to its name.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396736941.868659.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396736978.301858.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396736986.902080.jpg

My Persuader
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396737010.101989.jpg

I'll try and get a pic of my Sportsman's Choice. The wife bought that for me before we got married. It's how I knew we were going to get married. ( no joke. I always told my mom growing up " the first woman that buys me a gun, I'm going to marry". ) and I really did. Married over 10 years now. Thinking there was something to that.

Back