• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New member : Pflugerville, TX......590 owner.

atxjax

Hi all,

Thanks for letting me join. Been a long time lurker just joined a bit ago. Lots of good info here. Appreciate all your guys work in getting the info out to us.

Currently have a Mossberg 590 ( non A1 ) with an ATI stock but I have a Houge short LOP on the way. Maybe the ATI will find its way to the marketplace here. Looking at changing the forend also. Ergo maybe.

2wfk2dj.jpg

Welcome from MI!!

Thats a nice 590

ATX! You made it! Glad we were able to get you hooked up, and you got here pretty quickly!

You know i love a 590, so make sure pics make it to the 590 photo thread "I'll show you mine if you show me yours"! ;)

Anyhow, to answer the questions you had asked... We'll get LES on here. He vamped the sidesaddle pretty handily and got it all workin smoothly. I'll have to look at my ERGO, but there isnt any overlap. I'll have to compare it to LES's pics of the TacStar and see if there is any possibility of conflict.

Good seein ya here atxjax! Welcom to Mossberg Owners!

ATX,

I got your last message... I'm having a hard time finding all three in one place. Are you set on the LaRue handstop? I like Midway for stuff like that, and what they do have is Magpul XTM styled cover with integral handstop. The ERGO 3 railed forend is backordered though.

Anyone else have suggestions for the ERGO trirail, AFG2 and LaRue handstop?

Thanks for the welcome guys.

As far as the functionality I want for my 590 I am going for this setup in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmbj3D4y ... AAAAAAAPAA

Rossignol.........I'm not dead set on the Larue handstop. Something that will function the same as the video would work. I'm still scouring around the web for the parts. I'm going to post my current setup for sale in the marketplace.

Before you post in the market place, make sure you read and understand the forum rules.

I believe you need to be here 30 days and have 30 posts.

I'll check that vid!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Rossignol said:
Before you post in the market place, make sure you read and understand the forum rules.

I believe you need to be here 30 days and have 30 posts.

I'll check that vid!

Yep. I just read that when going through the rules. I can wait.

It's people like you that are helping this place grow by leaps and bounds!

Glad you're her, and WELCOME!

Nice 590......

I like that 500 in the vid , especially the Mesa stock adapter.

I really wanna try one of those out sometime, but it would be the low tube or LEO.

ERGO also makes a handstop, and the way you wanna use it, that Magpul I mentioned wont work as its a solid panel.

In the video he says hes using the AFG with the ERGO, which is fine, but you have to take the "ears" off of it. But if you stick with the AFG2 as you mentioned, I dont see it bein an issue.

I havent seen a handstop quite like the LaRue... thats buggin me.

Welcome aboard!

Sorry I'm late. been a craaazy day at the office. Not sure what the question was, but here's the info on my TacStar mod...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I picked up a Tacstar saddle and immediately noticed that the forend was hitting the base when retracting the pump. A simple mod will take care of the problem. I've always been one for the quick and easy fix whenever possible. Here's a pic of my TacStar mod for reference...

All I had to do was drill a second hole 1/2" (center to center) inside the existing hole at the rear of the base plate. Drilling it slightly smaller than the others will eliminate the need for a nut to secure the screw. There is now plenty of room for clearance in the action using my aftermarket forend. The whole process took less than five minutes. I've fired several hundred rounds through this 590 and have had no movement in the TacStar at all...

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so thanks for posting the photo of your 590. Be sure to post up some pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Rossignol said:
I like that 500 in the vid , especially the Mesa stock adapter.

I really wanna try one of those out sometime, but it would be the low tube or LEO.

ERGO also makes a handstop, and the way you wanna use it, that Magpul I mentioned wont work as its a solid panel.

In the video he says hes using the AFG with the ERGO, which is fine, but you have to take the "ears" off of it. But if you stick with the AFG2 as you mentioned, I dont see it bein an issue.

I havent seen a handstop quite like the LaRue... thats buggin me.

I was wanting to maybe try doing two handstops. One on the bottom rail and one on the left side to put your thumb on instead of doing the AFG2 just to see how that works out. If it doesnt then I can go ahead and get the AFG2. Looks promising on the Ergo Rail.

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-handstop-and-indexclip-combo-74-total-piece-set

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Welcome aboard!

Sorry I'm late. been a craaazy day at the office. Not sure what the question was, but here's the info on my TacStar mod...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I picked up a Tacstar saddle and immediately noticed that the forend was hitting the base when retracting the pump. A simple mod will take care of the problem. I've always been one for the quick and easy fix whenever possible. Here's a pic of my TacStar mod for reference...

All I had to do was drill a second hole 1/2" (center to center) inside the existing hole at the rear of the base plate. Drilling it slightly smaller than the others will eliminate the need for a nut to secure the screw. There is now plenty of room for clearance in the action using my aftermarket forend. The whole process took less than five minutes. I've fired several hundred rounds through this 590 and have had no movement in the TacStar at all...

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so thanks for posting the photo of your 590. Be sure to post up some pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Thanks for posting. The good thing about the TacStar saddle I bought is that it already has the top bolt holes drilled side by side. I would just have to drill the bottom one by the trigger group if I wanted to move it back.

If I get the UTG aluminum tri rail I will need this mod I think. If i get the Ergo I wont. The Ergo is more expensive but looks nicer......decisions decisions.

I've got a Leaper's UTG Tri-Rail Aluminum Forend on both my Mossbergs...

UTG Tri-rail

Here's a close-up of the one on my 590 with a TAPCO Intrafuse "stubby" vertical grip...

The UTG Tri-rail also fits the original Magpul AFG with no need for modification...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I've got a Leaper's UTG Tri-Rail Aluminum Forend on both my Mossbergs...

UTG Tri-rail

Here's a close-up of the one on my 590 with a TAPCO Intrafuse "stubby" vertical grip...

The UTG Tri-rail also fits the original Magpul AFG with no need for modification...

Are you using a Mesa or Tacstar saddle? No clearance issues?

Thanks LES! Good lookin out on the mod and pics!

ATX, I like the LaRue set alot! I'm really interested to see which way you go with everything!

Back