• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Member with a Brand New 500

Hello everyone just found this website and knew i had to be apart of it. I just bought a Mossberg 500 Persuader on Sat Feb 4th and I'm psyched to test it out, but haven't had the time with school and work. I bought it for home defense cuz the world is getting crazy, more so everyday, so i decided i better get crazier! haha i have been looking up some accesories, such as shell holders, rail systems, and tac stocks but everything is so expensive, keep in mind that McDonalds is expensive to me. This is the most expensive thing i have ever bought myself and I want to deck it out for cheap, but not with cheap stuff. If anyone has any advice as to where the best deals are, and what is the best equipment please hit me up.

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of your 500 Pursuader and any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Congratulations on the gun.

I have a used buttstock and forend if you're interested. Duracoated in an ACU type camo pattern.

The buttstock is an ATI brand A2 style stock with pistol grip, and the forend is a Choate brand tactical ribbed forend for the short version tube.

This is it:
mossbergfurniture008.jpg

The 2 holes in the forend allow for mounting an universal AR15 rail if you'd like.

Here it is on the shotgun

ACUdigitalcombatmossy500rockscloseu.jpg

ACUdigitalcombatmossy500.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Welcome from MI!!

U500, we're happy to have you on MO, even with your craziness! We're all a little mad anyway and yes, the world is beginning to resemble Alice in Wonderland, all upside down and backwards...

Welcome anyhow! :D

I too have a Persuader! Sweet gun isnt it! ;) Getting it decked out is never cheap my friend, but the patient and dilligent are often rewarded! Keep an open mind as you learn and find more stuff!

Thats a pretty cool set that John has, though for HD I prefer a shorter length of pull, (LOP) and I like my Hogue 12" fixed stock, it goes from a low ready to shouldered very quickly. I'm not a real big guy, average though, and I have a difficult time with standard LOP stocks. Could be operator error though...

Howdy ultimate50012ga and welcome to the club!

Back