• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

new mossberg 590a1 and some questions

yes keep us updated on your progress with the barrel. Of course now you owe us some action shots of that Mariner when you get her up an running.

I wouldn't hold out on you. This will be the first place I post the pics. I really appreciate everyones help.

Quick question. I was looking over the rest of my shotgun today and the action was cycled a couple times inadvertently. Not with a lot force or anything but enough to get it closed obviously. The manual says this may damage the firearm. Is it possible I did something wrong? Not sure what would be effected?

Dont sweat it man. I wouldnt dry fire it without the barrel. The bolt and slide are usually a little loose in the receiver without the barrel. Pulling the trigger without the hammer having the firing pin to stop it properly could cause some damage.

Yeah i don't plan on dry firing it. I just couldn't see what could be damaged unless it is the elevator getting hit by the bolt since the bolt doesn't have the barrel to stop it.

Just wanted to shoot you guys an update. Barrel was received by them today. So I will call nextweek and start the "when am I getting my barrel" fest. They are mailing me both ejectors to my bolt. I probably won't replace them now and shoot it like it is and just keep for when I need em.

Just wanted to send an update. I called and was told that my barrel has been looked at. I still have to wait another week or so for a new one to be shipped. Really not quite sure why since they have mine and looked at it already. oh well. at least people are are telling me what is going on.

Hmmm, I cant think of a reason either for it to still take that much longer.

Called again today. THey said it is replaced and in the packaging department and should be mailed out this week.

Just wanted to update you all. Last Wednesday (JULY25) I was told my barrel was replaced and ready for shipping. It was actually in their shipping department at the time. I called Friday and Monday and was told the same thing. I called again Wednesday, a week later, thinking ok it surely has shipped since it has been packaged and ready to ship for a week now. I was wrong. Still there. I said it was complete crap to have it waiting so long in shipping. The lady on the other end agreed and told me she would call me back after she found out what was going on. She called back to hours later and said she spoke with the manager in that department and he had no excuse except that it simply had been overlooked and was not shipped. They shipped it Wednesday night (2 day shipping which they paid for) so I finally should have it back by tomorrow. I am sorry but it is complete crap that they had it sitting there and just forgot about it. I appreciate the professionalism on the part of the CS I spoke with on the phone several times. They were great and polite but the lack of professionalism in actually doing anything on the part of the company as a whole is crap. I just want my barrel.

Groovy, I agree here. This isnt the first time I've heard this either. I spoke at length with a CS and a supervisor recently about these issues and was told that its not a common occurence but the exception.

I wish I could do more for ya man.

Well I come home from work and my barrel is sitting at the front door. I brought it in and took it out and cleaned the bore and this is what I got
IMG_20120803_184424.jpg

It is flawless!!! The process was a little bit of a headache but it is a great looking barrel. Bore is clean, smooth, with no marks. The outside has a couple rub marks but whatever. That will happen after one day of shooting. Here she is again. . . .
IMG_20120803_185100.jpg

I am taking it out Sunday to pattern it. Probably bring a 7 1/2 target load and 5 shot to pattern it initially.

NICE!!! I really like those mariners!!!

Have fun with it man and let us know how it does and feels!

Back