• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Mossberg Owner

Hello my name is Aaron and I am from Houston Texas (space city) although currently residing in San Diego County CA. Just purchased a Mossberg 500 Tactical 12 gauge, will post plenty pictures when I pick it up from Big 5

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Congratulations on your new Mossberg 500! Be sure to post up any and all questions that you may have. Do you miss Texas at all? I lived in College Station for a while and can't wait to move back to Texas.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Texas_Made !!

Looking forward to seeing pics of your new Mossy...

DHonovich said:
[youtube] Do you miss Texas at all? I lived in College Station for a while and can't wait to move back to Texas.

Of course I miss Texas! I'm a proud Texan. I too intend on moving back. Not sure when that will happen though.. My wife is in military. One thing I do not miss however is the humidity and 100 degree summer weather.

welcome, go inland about 100 miles and you can pretend you are in Texas

Welcome aboard!

I'm a TX boy myself, also living elsewhere now. Didn't get much of a break in the weather dept. here in TN though. It's just as hot and muggy here. You certainly have great taste in shotguns! We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of any firearms you own the various sub-forums. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Enjoy the site!

Texas Made! Glad we got ya flingered out! Quite a few other Texans here... You'll fit in fine and we cant wait to see the new 500!

Welcome to Mossberg Owners!

ps Let me know if you have any isssues resetting the password or anything else!

astroboy said:
you gotta love california's ten day wait!
welcome to the wonderful world of mossberg!

thanks,
and yes i love to wait! long lines and traffic are some of my favorite things in life. lol jk

Texas_Made said:
astroboy said:
you gotta love california's ten day wait!
welcome to the wonderful world of mossberg!

thanks,
and yes i love to wait! long lines and traffic are some of my favorite things in life. lol jk
welcome to the club from another ex californian...i'm glad i gtf outa there. i sure dont miss the 4 or 5 mile and hr parking lot :lol: (405)

QUICK QUESTION: What is the " Proper way " to have my SG when Im taking it into a Indoor Shooting Range? obviously unloaded and double checked to be unloaded. slide back with a clearly visible empty chamber, safety on and all... but isn't it frowned upon to bring a SG thats not in a case of some sort? like just walkin in with it shouldered? How about the Box it comes in? would that be ok for taking it to the range the 1st time I don't want to be laughed at or anything haha

I'd ask the range for their regulations and rules. It also wouldn't hurt if you invested in a hard case or even a soft rifle/shotgun bags. You can find inexpensive cases and bags at a sporting goods store or where ever you bought your 500. I picked up a Plano hard case from Cabela's for 35bucks and a lock for $10. Plano also lets you send in for an engraved nameplate which just adds to some of the personalization to go along with your firearm. But I bet you can find a soft case/bag for around $15 at Wal-Mart.

I would give the range a call but I too suggest picking up some sort of case to transport it in. I know in NY firearms need to be in a case while in a vehicle with the ammunition separated.

Back