• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New mossberg500 owner -- NY

Hello! New forum member and a new Mossberg owner as of today. My 500 is primarily a home defense shotgun but I plan to do plenty of target shooting as well.

735592_10151603618749622_1055641571_o.jpg

Mossberg 500 20" 8-shot

Welcome To Mossberg Owners from Central PA! :D

Nice Shooter! :D You planing on any other modifications too it?

I found the bead to be the best option. I did upgrade too a Hi-viz snap-on sight and it is an excellent cheap upgrade!

I have a Hogue Pistol Grip for sale if you are interested, Dhonovich has the Ergo Forend for sale as well.
I can recommend the Magpul AFG2 as it is a great product like all other Magpul items! Little more slim than the AFG1 and has an interchangeable center piece from a smooth plate too a little finger rest. My experience with the finger rest is that it is awkward and hurts your middle finger when firing.

I used LaRue Tactical Handstops and they were AWESOME stuff! A bit pricey and sometimes out of stock but well worth it if it is what you are looking to add to your forend!

EDIT: Here is a side view of the ERGO with AFG2 and LaRue Handstops

DSC00810.jpg

DSC00811.jpg

A few of the Larue Stops:

DSC00973.jpg

DSC00974.jpg

Also, The ERGO Tri Rail forend... A++ stuff! Make sure you get the right forend though! The one Dhonovich has for sell is for the short slide 6-3/4" (Item: 4865s)

Itsricmo said:
I found the bead to be the best option. I did upgrade too a Hi-viz snap-on sight and it is an excellent cheap upgrade!

I have a Hogue Pistol Grip for sale if you are interested, Dhonovich has the Ergo Forend for sale as well.
I can recommend the Magpul AFG2 as it is a great product like all other Magpul items! Little more slim than the AFG1 and has an interchangeable center piece from a smooth plate too a little finger rest. My experience with the finger rest is that it is awkward and hurts your middle finger when firing.

I used LaRue Tactical Handstops and they were AWESOME stuff! A bit pricey and sometimes out of stock but well worth it if it is what you are looking to add to your forend!

Also, The ERGO Tri Rail forend... A++ stuff! Make sure you get the right forend though! The one Dhonovich has for sell is for the short slide 6-3/4" (Item: 4865s)

Thanks for that information! Cost is the dictating factor right now.

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so thanks for the pic of your 500. Take a look around and feel free to post pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Howdy and welcome to the club. :D
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13

Welcome from MI!!

That's my first shotgun too! Got it a week ago. It's a thing of beauty. Puts the fear of God into anyone close to it. Congrats!

Welcome to mossberg owners forum.

let us know what you think about it once you get to shoot it some

Got one of those last year for my step father for his birthday :) He loves it. I'd have him join up, but he's not much of a computer guy...lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg3VmDBcBP8[/youtube]

first time out shooting my new berg
hows my stance? still learning.

Back