• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

NEW Mossy 590A1 #51670 Need forend help !

Topwater70

Copper BB
Hi folks, new to forum. Happy New Year to all !!!
I just picked up a new 590A1 #51670 (20", 9 shot, collapsible tactical stock, GRS) After weeks of research and shopping around, I KNOW that I made the right choice. :D My first shotty !!!

Ok, my question is, on the #51670 model, can the stock forend/grip be replaced by a better aftermarket one? I do not want the vertical grip though. I have seen quite a few available, but have also read that some newer Mossy's have the "pinned" forend/tube slide that cannot be separated. Not sure if my model is one of those. I measured the slide tube and it is close to 7 5/8" if I remember correctly,as I measured the other day.

I would really like to mount a tactical light as well as my Magpul AFG2 to it via picatinny, but do not want to make a purchase without being certain.

Thanks for all you help.

T70

Read much of this forum... Decided to stick with stock... Too many opinions regarding excess movement with aftermarket... Going to go with the Elzetta mount, with proper torque technique and a decent LED...
After all,,, it's a serious defensive tool for me,,, not jewelry...

Thanks

Welcome aboard Topwater70,

For what it's worth, I replaced the forend on my 590a1 and run an AFG. I love the set-up and it's caused no issues...

I've run the Hogue forend and the surefire forend w/integrated light. zero issues on both.

Back