• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New MVP Varmint 223 24" med bull barrel

I got my MVP last week. I took it to the range to zero. It's a shooter but it's very hard to chamber a round. Anybody else around here having a feeding problem like me? My CZ 527 Varmint is doing the same exact thing.

mine has the occasional feed issue but it was due to how i loaded the round into the mag. gotta tap that mag on your helmet soilder!!! LOL anyways yeah mine became smoother in time as well. havent had an issue in the last 100 rounds.

Thanks guys for all the response. I think I got it fix. I cleaned my MVP again, oiled the moving parts of the bolt. I let it sit for about 30 minutes then I used my air compressor, blew all the excess oil and totally wiped the bolt cleaned... It's cycles the round a lot easier now. I will keep working on this issue. So far I love my MVP. I'll take it out this weekend to finalized its zero.

What do you guys think of Ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning the bolt? I don't have one yet but thinking of getting one. What do you guys suggest is the best for cleaning gun parts?

RL

I went to the range yesterday and zero my MVP. Cleaning the bolt did the trick for me. It's feeding rounds smoothly and the gun is more accurate than me. I've attached the result. It's a 75 yards private range....

MVP2.jpg

Below is my MVP getting ready for cleaning..

MVP1.jpg

rambilt said:
I got my MVP last week. I took it to the range to zero. It's a shooter but it's very hard to chamber a round. Anybody else around here having a feeding problem like me? My CZ 527 Varmint is doing the same exact thing.

I was having problems too. I noticed that if I had any down pressure on bolt handle the lug was hanging up. It is either getting better or I'm getting better at not putting down pressure before bolt is all the way forward.

Model 195 said:
I was having problems too. I noticed that if I had any down pressure on bolt handle the lug was hanging up. It is either getting better or I'm getting better at not putting down pressure before bolt is all the way forward.

After I cleaned and oiled the bolt my MVP is smoothly loading and unloading a round each time. I am very happy with my MVP now. At first I thought it was the magazine it came with. So I tried the military 20 rounds magazine made by Colt and it does the same thing. It's also kind of loose.

Hope you get your MVP to function correctly. Good luck!

RL

Rambilt, just my opinion-but if you can live with lower scope mounts I think you will find it easier to hit at longer ranges-easier, without as much hold over. If that matters to you IMO.

Back