• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New owner from Hampton Roads, VA

autoxinvr6

Copper BB
Hello all,

New Mossberg owner here. Picked up a (new to me) 590 from a show a few weekends ago. I've always wanted a 590 but, had not had not really found any for sale locally. I went to the show, not intending to specifically purchase a 590 but while wandering around... There it was... At a great price none the less. So it was mine :) Been to the range twice with it already and love it. It's a standard 590 20in barrel, front beat sight, speed feed with a hell holder sling and M7 bayonet/M8A1 sheath. I don't think 1 day has gone by yet I haven't taken it out of the rifle bag and at least held it... hahaha

Here's a photo.

Attachments

• IMG_3886-2.JPG
    IMG_3886-2.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 238
Congrats on the new gun!

I always wanted a good hell holder for my shotty but could never find it held enough hell for me. But 3" slugs come real close! :lol:

Enjoy it and make sure to have a look aound. We are always glad to offer help where we can!

Welcome aboard!

You certainly have great taste in shotguns! That's a great rig you've got there. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of any other firearms you own the various sub-forums. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Ripsnortr said:
Congrats on the new gun!

I always wanted a good hell holder for my shotty but could never find it held enough hell for me. But 3" slugs come real close! :lol:

Enjoy it and make sure to have a look aound. We are always glad to offer help where we can!

*shell

haha, I'm actually working on a system that fires a single demon from every case... Completly reloadable... I am just having a hard time catching the little bastards to test 'em out... j/k

autoxinvr6 said:
Ripsnortr said:
Congrats on the new gun!

*shell

haha, I'm actually working on a system that fires a single demon from every case... Completly reloadable... I am just having a hard time catching the little bastards to test 'em out... j/k

WELL PLAYED SIR!

Welcome to the club. Glad to have ya here. Nice pic!

autoxinvr6 said:
I don't think 1 day has gone by yet I haven't taken it out of the rifle bag and at least held it...

This sounds soooo familiar! We do that here too, I've even had my guns out so they could watch tv with me! :lol: ok, not exactly, I'm embellishing somewhat!

Welcome to Mossberg Owners, good lookin gun!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum Congratulations on your new Mossberg 590! What brand bayonet is that?

As far as I can tell (from internet research) it's an original issue M7 (vietnam war era to mid 80'S) built by Imperial with an M8A1 sheath. I don't know how to tell a repro from an original though.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum autoxinvr6 !!

...and congrats on the new 590a1... :cool:

Back