• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New owner in Seattle area

The Missus and I got our (pre-ZMB) Mossberg 500 Chainsaw for Christmas, but we only fired it for the first time yesterday due to range restrictions against pistol-grip shotguns, shooting from the waist, etc.

I had already installed a Knoxx recoil-reducing pistol grip, a Blackhawk! single-point sling (holds 15 rounds), and a 240-lumen remote-switched light - they all worked together flawlessly! We shot 25 rounds of LE (low recoil) 00 buck and 25 rounds of 7.5 birdshot between us, and had a ball fracturing clays spread out on the berm.

One spec I can't find is which 500 (500A or 500C) the Chainsaw is based on - anybody know? I'm considering swapping out the Chainsaw forend for one from a Cruiser (and adding a picatinny rail somewhere for my light). We'll do more dry-firing with our laser bore sighter first, though.

Welcome aboard!

The 500 series is all the same gun with small changes to the accessories. IIRC so long as you know what diameter mag tube you have, you are able to make the right choice for forend replacements.

Welcome from MI!

I believe the Chainsaw is based on the 500A receiver, the 500C is the 20G model.

Normally there is a lot of interchangeability between 500 models of the same guage. Just verify your slide tube length before orderring. (you can check the 500 subforum to find more info on this.)

Mike is right, the Chainsaw is the 500A (12 ga.)

Any 500/590 forend will work as long as the action slide tube is the corresponding appropriate length and as long as your forend doesnt have the action bars pinned directly to it.

I can elaborate if need be, just let us know! ;)

Welcome to Mossberg Owners!!!

^ What they said.

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post pics of your 500 and any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Sent from my iPhone

Howdy DocNugent and welcome to the club.

Back