• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New spx owner with a couple of questions

NateG

Copper BB
I pick up my spx this weekend but have a few questions. I want to get the nordic barrel clamp but i heard the 3rd gens barrels are bigger. Will the clamp fit the 3rd gen? Also I need to buy a cleaning rod. How long of a rod should I purchase? 24in or 36in?

NateG said:
I pick up my spx this weekend but have a few questions. I want to get the nordic barrel clamp but i heard the 3rd gens barrels are bigger. Will the clamp fit the 3rd gen? Also I need to buy a cleaning rod. How long of a rod should I purchase? 24in or 36in?

Welcome to the forum and you will love your SPX. I use the bore snake for my 930 SPX, it works great. Also on Youtube there’s a video I think it’s under (New update Mossberg 930) he installed a Nordic clamp on his New Mossberg 930 Backwater that looks pritty good, he said nothing about it not fitting.

If you order the barrel clamp from Nordic Comp, in the special instruction area as you check out you need to tell them to modify clamp for Mossberg. That's what I did and it fits. See screenshot below.

NCBarrelClamp.jpg

Spodeboy, thank you for clarifying the clamp question. By the way, went to the range and shot my 930 SPX for the first time with my new Choate Pistol Grip stock. I really like the way it feels and I seem to have better control. Thank you for helping with my questions.

spodeboy said:
If you order the barrel clamp from Nordic Comp, in the special instruction area as you check out you need to tell them to modify clamp for Mossberg. That's what I did and it fits. See screenshot below.

NCBarrelClamp.jpg

Shoot I was ordering stuff earlier from midway and bought the clamp anyway before seeing your post. I should have waited. Oh well I hope it fits.

Back