• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Newbie Checking In

Fink

Hey guys,

New guy here from Orlando. Will hopefully be purchasing my first Mossberg shotgun ever (always had Remingtons) and it will hopefully be a 590A1.

Only debate now is whether to get the pistol grip 590 with breach barrel and then add a regular stock onto it, or go for the Blackwater 590A1 my local place has and sacrifice the breach barrel for the better sights and higher capacity.

If anybody has any input in the next hour or so, I'd appreciate it. They only have one of each left so I'll be getting there right as they open.

Either way, I'll post up pics of my final choice.

Cheers!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Welcome from MI!!

Which model is kind of personal preference.

MikeD said:
Welcome from MI!!

Which model is kind of personal preference.

Thanks for the quick welcome!

I guess my problem is I don't know what my preference is. Such a debate. Love the look and weight of the breach barrel, but also like everything else about the Blackwater.

If you don't mind me asking in here, would I be able to get the Blackwater and then simply purchase a breach barrel as an add-on? I imagine they are incredibly hard to find these days, though.

Thanks again, Mike!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

I believe you can can buy the barrel separate, I cannot commenton availability.

I am not as familiar with the 590, depending on configuration you may need to swap out the magazine tube as well, but I'm not sure offhand. There are others here much more knowledgable with this model than I.

MikeD said:
I believe you can can buy the barrel separate, I cannot commenton availability.

I am not as familiar with the 590, depending on configuration you may need to swap out the magazine tube as well, but I'm not sure offhand. There are others here much more knowledgable with this model than I.

Thanks very much, Mike!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

welcome from NY. congrats on your Mossberg choice what ever combo you choose.

old mossy said:
welcome from NY. congrats on your Mossberg choice what ever combo you choose.

Thank you, sir!

I pulled the trigger on a brand new, never opened Blackwater 590A1 (51772). Only one they had still in the box.

Thanks again for the welcomes. Now I'm even more stoked to have found the site...my wallet, on the other hand... :shock:

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Congrats, lets see some pics :D :D

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your new 590a1. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Can't go wrong with a trusty 590A1! Welcome to MO.com from the Last Frontier! There no such thing as getting sick of gun pics... we're all addicted... so please feed our addiction!

cdarmssupply said:
Welcome from CT

Thank you very much!

Archametes said:
Another Welcome from NY :)

Thank you!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so we're lookin forward to pics of your new 590a1. Take a look around and feel free to post up pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Thank you very much, sir! I have been reading many of your posts about the 590s and other models and have already learned a ton.

aksavanaman said:
Can't go wrong with a trusty 590A1! Welcome to MO.com from the Last Frontier! There no such thing as getting sick of gun pics... we're all addicted... so please feed our addiction!

Yet again, another warm welcome - thanks very much all!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Howdy and welcome to the club. :D
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

ripjack13 said:
Howdy and welcome to the club. :D
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13

Thanks very much! So far, my experience here has been fantastic. As your sig says, very low douche here. :D

DHonovich said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Too cool! Thanks!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

SHOOTER13 said:
Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum !!

Thank you! Sorry for the delay on that one.

I need to keep my wallet at home or something...I already bought the Eltezza light mount and the Mako/Fab Defense M4-style collapsible stock. Should be here Friday.

Still shopping around for some shells to keep in it. :D

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Hey guys,

Figured since this is the definition of a newbie question, I'd keep it in this thread...

Just now getting around to installing my Fab Defense/Mako stock and tinkering with the gun a little. It's fresh out of the box and for the life of me, I can't get the safety to disengage. Does it come tightened down by the screw, or is it maybe just so tight given that it's brand new that I'll need to use something to apply enough pressure to it to get it to toggle?

Just don't want to start hammering it with a screwdriver (exaggeration) if I don't need to.

Thanks much!

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Back