• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Newbie question, sorry

enduropro

.22LR
Hi all!

I'm a newbie to this site. I am a M500 owner and lovin it. Recently I decided to convert to a tactical setup (stock/forend) and realized that my forend has the integrated rails, no removable tube.

So I'm in the market for a tube I guess, unless anyone has any suggestions. I read that I'll need an end cap nut as well. Anyone have a used one they want to consider selling?

Also, if I'm starting from scratch, any suggestions? I like the concept of being able to quickly change from tactical stock to pistol grip. I was thinking about going this route:

http://www.atigunstocks.com/tactical-sh ... ystem.html

Any thoughts? How important would do you think the aluminum route is? There are a ton of $80-100 ATI choices on Ebay, but this looks beefier. I don't plan on adding optics, but if I do in the future, I believe the adjustable cheekrest can be raised to help level out the stock, right?

Sorry, I have so many questions.

Dude, welcome to MO!!!

Jump on this slide tube on ebay!
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4890

Real good price!

I dont know much about the ATI stuff except that they post on here and will def be glad to help!

The adjustable cheek riser is def the way to go if you ever plan on optics with the tac/AR type stock!

RossignolST, thanks for the lighting fast reply and warm welcome. And thanks for the Ebay lead. I contacted the buyer to see if he'd end the auction early for a toal of $35 (with shipping). Seems fair for used as far as I'm concerned.

So if you don't know much about ATI, would you consider steering me in another direction. I'm open to suggestions! My pockets are far from DEEP, so the $160'ish range for a stock setup is about my max. Am I fooling myself to consider other products? I'm open for pre-owned gear if there is a market out there on this forum.

Thanks!

There are tons of stock options available for the Mossberg 500; it is very hard to decide on which is my favorite after testing 20+ at this point. The bottom line is that I tend to find the hogue stocks and ati stocks spending the most time on my Mossberg 500. What are your goals with your Mossberg? What do you plan to use it for?

Thanks Dhonovich.

first please excuse my poor grammar and spelling as I am using voice recognition software as I drive.

goal number 1 is to have a quickly interchangeable pistol grip in stock set up. home defense will be my primary use and I am very comfortable and experienced using a pistol grip. I bought the combo set with 2 barrels. Field length and home defense. so I have some options. Ths is my only shot gun and on occasion I like to get to the range to do trap shooting

So here is where the geek in me comes out...
I am a sales person. And often I entertain my clients with dinner and drinks etc. Latley I have been taking some of them shooting. they love it. to take my geekiness to the next level I am thinking about a short custom tactical carrying case with foam cutouts. the center of the case would fit my m500 with pistol grip. also in the case would be the extra barrel and tactical stock. I am really just looking for a corny wow factor when taking my clients out. however I still want it to be very well functioning.

Hey enduropro, welcome to MossbergOwners.com!

It looks as if you have selected the perfect setup for what you're wanting to do. The Triton Mount System on the Talon will allow you to switch from the stock and pistol grip setup to just the pistol grip in seconds. Here is a video that might interest you on that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shyxx96t ... plpp_video

Let us know if you have any more questions or if we can assist you in any way and welcome again!

Thanks! So the product comes with 2 pistol grips? I actually assumed the stock removed at the buffer tube.

Thanks Shooter13!!! I've been lurking for the past 48 hours now. Great resource. You guys know your stuff!!!

Back