• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Non lethal ammo?

They'll soon be replacing officer's tasers with a new means to incapacitate violent offenders by tickling them into submission...

HAHAHA!!! LES that is Hilarious!

I too believe LEO's should remain Lethal by all means.. Keeps the Bad Guys from having an Upper Hand EVERY TIME!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
They'll soon be replacing officer's tasers with a new means to incapacitate violent offenders by tickling them into submission...

Oh come on LES. That will never happen! Some bleeding heart will scream "cruel and unusual" as the perp peed their pants laughing when they were taken down.

I guess I'm getting old. In my early days I remember the first question posed to a suspect it was delivered with the butt of a baton. They rarely needed to ask a second question.

LES......Those would never be used for LEO purposes.....they need to be tactical black with at least one picatinny rail.....and a glass breaker.

In all seriousness, I can understand the need for LTL rounds for Law Enforcement. Some situations don't call for deadly force and throwing your baton is a one time effort.....

Talking to a local Southern California Sheriff, they only use Less than Lethal rounds in the Jails and Prisons. In patrol cars it is the live stuff. With sue happy people of SoCal, you are less likely to have to go to court with a one sided story.

Frank

Riots are about the only reason I can see for LTL rounds unless you know for 100% that the suspect is not carrying a lethal means of force... My belief is that if you are LEO and have LTL rounds all the time until you need Lethal... You no longer have the upper hand at all

The Sheriffs Dept. here uses dedicated LTL guns that are in the trunk of each cruiser. Remmy 870's with bright orange furniture loaded exclusively with LTL. There are a variety of situations where you would see these deployed.....good example would be an individual of unknown mental state threatening to harm themselves (picture a guy in the corner of a room threatening to stab himself if the officers come any closer, not threatening the officers....just himself). Initial officer will generally be armed with only his service pistol (lethal option) and a secondary responding officer will pack the LTL. If they are unable to talk the individual into dropping the knife and surrendering Officer #2 can use the LTL option to put the individual down and prevent them from harming themselves. If the individual decides instead to make a move at the officer then Officer #1 is equipped with the lethal option to stop the threat. I don't think you will ever see Law Enforcement switch to LTL in their primary weapon but more and more Departments are looking at secondary LTL systems with more range than a baton or Taser.

It works in that scenario but... always a but.. I still stand behind my "upper hand" argument :)
The Majority of LEO in my area are packing their 9mm and a Taser. We don't have the Bright Orange LTL Shotguns though. I believe those should be saved for Riot Control... Personal Opinion though :)

Nick, thanks for the share! I never saw the before but a good reminder why some headaches need stronger medicine.... :p

Back