• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Noob from Bama.....ROLL TIDE

Noob to the board and noob to Mossbergs.Bought my first one yesterday.Not a branded Moss but is moss built Revelation 310 12 gauge.Couldn't pass the deal up.$125 in great shape.

Welcome to the Board! Great avatar.

You really own three Deuce and a Halfs? How friggin cool is that!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Welcome aboard, your avatar scares me! :shock:

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post pics of your Rev 310. Take a look around and feel free post pics of any other firearms you own in the various sub-forums. You'll find that we're into a lot more than just Mossberg around here. Jump in on the conversation anywhere and let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

- L.E.S.

Yep.One is in peices right now.Was my first.Body is rusted bad,engine shot,frame/axles/trans are great.Being deuce one I don't wanna scrap it out.My other deuce is in excellent shape other than I blew the engine up when I drove it to Evansville indiana a few years ago.Ran it WAY hot.Engine shut down on me it got so hot.Pukes coolant and has a loud knock.The 3rd deuce is a parts source.Was in real good shape but I bought it for the tires.Had 11 brand new 11.00R20 radials.Put that on the evansville truck,sold the seats,some lights,Donated a brake hose to get someone elses truck home.Engine from it is going in the evansville deuce too.Body on the rust bucket deuce one.The M52 in my signature is still in evansville.Plan was to attend the MVPA convention and then towbar the truck behind the deuce.When I got up there I realized the tires have been on that truck since Richard Nixon was president!Little rotten.Still has the Big 602 gas engine in it.It is also rotten but the cab is the same as a deuce and a buddy has an extra.Got a new fender for one side.Just gotta get the other side,a hood,and ready to go.

The rest of the stuff.....The GMC was a mistake.I saw pictures of it only.Saw it was a 2 stroke detroit which I wanted,Air start,and a semi.What I didn't see was the fact the wiring harness is beyond saving,the truck sat for 14 years.Air system is junk,tires brand new 14 years ago(Bias on Daytons wheels),axle bearings rusty,interior stripped and pretty much destroyed when they pulled it out.Thinking of pulling the engine(Fresh overhaul) and trans and sending the rest to china.

The Aircraft tug was a "Eww gotta have it" thing.Don't know why.Got it for $250.It's ugly,it's noisy,its strange.....whats not to like.

The forklift was bought to fix the deuce but now I work too much to have time to do any work....ARRRRRRGGG!

The F350 was my 2nd vehicle.Graduation gift along with the coupon book.....Congrats,you graduated,Now here is a truck and a payment....get a job so you can keep both!!!Oh well,It was love at first sight.

The other 2 are commuter vehicles.Ranger gets 24MPG and the jeep gets 16 though the Alabama snows and ice and other natural disasters mother nature throws at us...

Pics will follow soon.

GMC before I bought it.I wish I had that shop.....Bought though Craigslist from St Louis! Named Big Jimmy!
IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0782.jpg

Deuce one.Bought from a Military vehicle dealer from New Jersey.First pic is day it was delivered still covered in salt...YUCK. Named Martyr Machine since it was purchased right after 9-11!

162002_64814-2-631.jpg

Picture0031.jpg

Deuce 2 Bought for $1001 at military Auction in Little Rock,Ar Named The Messiah.Came back from the dead,Never has left me stranded,Saved our butt on the trip back from little rock when it was the only one that could handle the job of driving back while towing a broke down deuce.

Newdeuce.jpg

newdeuce2.jpg

My dually.Taken several years go.Not much has changed except it is also waiting for a heart transplant.... Named White Lightning

Image0012-1.jpg

The aircraft tug.Why?I don't know....Just known as the Tugger.

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

Bad picture of the forklift.Took a photo when I went to inspect it.It was cheap...it has problems....but it works. Got some names I can't repeat on here!

photo6.jpg

The M52.Another Why did I buy it things....Un-named but called Rubber duck for now.

8le62k7ps.jpg

The Ranger. Named Cousteau.

Ranger.jpg

Then my collection of train horns.....couple coming out tomorrow night!

HornyDeuce.jpg

way too much crap for a City Dweller......Atleast I know the laws and can skate around them though loop holes.....Vintage vehicles being restored are exempt from Nuisance laws in town.....

Here is the shotty.Gonna use it as a basis for a tactical shotty.The same shop has a 500 with something wrong in the trigger.Won't reset.Has synthetic and a vent ribbed barrel.Told me $50 for it but they have to wait 15 days before they can sell.Hopefully the 12th of January I will have a second Mossberg shotty.Before I strip the other one,I will see what broke.Might be something simple and have 2 working guns.Already put a side saddle on this one.Was a Archangel.Had to notch the handguard slightly to clear it.Hated doing that.Can't stand hacking on a gun to make parts work.I'll have to get the rasp out and blend everything in and re-seal it if I end up keeping the wood for a while.I do know I wanna replace the mag tube with a modern one so I can remove the slide tube.Thinking about ordering...well,back ordering a Brownells High cap kit.

Attachments

• Shotty.jpg
    Shotty.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 147
Welcome from MI!!

Nice collection you have there, love those old trucks

Howdy and welcome to the club. :D
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. Holy cow man, those are awesome wheels!! I have an 04 Ranger I call lil red, that's it for wheels for me though...one's enough. ;) Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions. We hope you enjoy it here with our laid back, relaxed approach at Mossberg Owners.
And remember....
We're here to help, not hinder. ;)

ripjack13

Back