• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Not happy with my new Nordic extension kit for my 930 SPX

Re: Not happy with my new Nordic extension kit for my 930 SP

breakingcontact said:
Try assembling it without the forearm on it. Careful not to crank down on the extension too much. If there is a significant gap it will hang up. I polished my stock follower and had better luck with it than the GGG one.

Frustrating guns but not much else out there in this price range. I recently rescued mine from my LGS where I had it on consignment. The piston spring was scratching the hell out of my mag tube so I did some grinding and polishing tonight. Barrel slides on easier now, see how it functions.

Got to accept that these things take work or just let the gun go.

Is that the Nordic MXT or their older model?

Still having issues but I got it to the point where it only hangs up occasionally. I am going to try a brake cyclinder hone to match up the tubes. Will report after that but it will be a while.

Just order the NC follower. I had issues with hang up with the stock follower and when i put thier follower in, all ran smooth. For 18 bucks, its worth it and the guys there at Nordic do know what they are doing... I have the MXT set up. Thats the new stuff. I use the +3 and also have a +2 tube. The +3 extends an inch past the barrel. I kind of like it. I can lean the gun up on anything and wont scratch the barrel and I can replace the cap if i want....or paint it.... Make sure your spring is cut to the proper length as well. 14-16 past the end of the tube. It does make a difference.

I was considering buying a Nordic extension to replace my crooked Choate factory tube but after reading this ... Probably not. I do use the NC follower on both of my shotguns and love it but I think the extension is kind of a gamble now. I sure as hell wouldn't have opened up the inside diameter of the stock magazine to make an aftermarket part fit. Why not send it back? My biggest problem with the NC kits is that the length always ends up being an inch or more short of the muzzle when I've used them in the past. It's not like Remington, Mossberg, Benelli and the like make shotguns with random length barrels. I've never understood why a +2 extension made for a shotgun with an 18" barrel can't be made to sit flush with the muzzle. Even if that extra inch just offers more room for the spring and doesn't make the difference of adding the third round, it will still extend the life of the spring and the reliability of the shotgun.

I agree with Misery, why can't they make them the correct length for the plus 2? Or even the plus 3 for that matter....

Back