• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

NY Firearms Registration - NY Post Exclusive

mingaa

Raconteur
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/hit_ ... kLBtiTPMfJ

The Post is the 8th largest newspaper in the US. This is not some blog blather. It's short, to the point and has solid quotes. Not a shy on-the-fence reporter! They are making a strong statement by calling it an exclusive.

FROM THE ARTICLE:

"Officials estimate at least 1 million semiautomatic rifles are owned in the state, sources said.

And come April 15, 2014 — when Cuomo is expected to be running for re-election — they all have to be registered with the State Police.

But because the rifles have been legal but unregistered until now, authorities don’t know who has them or where they are located.

State officials will be nervously watching the registration figures..."

The organizers point to a little-known guarantee of gun ownership contained in New York’s own “Civil Rights Law,” which was ratified the same year as the Constitution .

The state statute says the right to keep and bear arms “cannot be infringed” — stronger than the Second Amendment, which says it “shall not be infringed.’’

“They’re saying, ‘F--- the governor! F--- Cuomo! We’re not going to register our guns,’ and I think they’re serious.

This is going to get interesting.

we all have a dog in this fight! he crossed a line and i hope for NY's sake, he does not get re-elected because of it...

I see it as a calculated test of the waters. Even if it not calculated as such, that will be a signifigant portion of the result. It will establish a norm or a standard that others can refer to. Resist, use the courts and reversal - that is MY hope.

Back