• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

OK Corral

Doc took a double barrel shotgun to the OK Corral...couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if the Earps and Doc had had Mossberg 590s with them at the OK Corral...bad boys probably would have surrendered and said "Yes Sir!" to anything the Earps asked...or it would have been really really messy....fun to daydream...

I would imagine people back in the day were pretty proficient at reloading shells into their double barrel, but yeah a Mossberg would've been pretty awesome haha.

One trick I used to do when hunting that I learned from my Uncle with my old break-down single shot was to carry 3 extra shells in my left hand between my fingers. All with the primers facing toward the palm of my hand so when I ejected the spent shell, I can just slide another one in and close the barrel with the same hand while cocking the gun with the right.

You might be surprised just how fast (and accurately) you can fire a well broken in shotgun.

John A. said:
One trick I used to do when hunting that I learned from my Uncle with my old break-down single shot was to carry 3 extra shells in my left hand between my fingers. All with the primers facing toward the palm of my hand so when I ejected the spent shell, I can just slide another one in and close the barrel with the same hand while cocking the gun with the right.

You might be surprised just how fast (and accurately) you can fire a well broken in shotgun.

I did the same thing when I first started hunting. Amazing how one can become amazingly proficient with the tools they have.

MikeD said:
Amazing how one can become amazingly proficient with the tools they have.

That and to make the first shot count :lol:

:lol: with enough practice I'm sure I could make my single shot H&R topper fire 300rnds a min :D

aksavanaman said:
:lol: with enough practice I'm sure I could make my single shot H&R topper fire 300rnds a min :D

:eek:
a regular gatling gun. :D

Back