• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

One of my sons is now a Marine

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
He passed the Crucible this past weekend and got his Eagle Globe and Anchor making him a United States Marine. His mom and I had the priveledge of seeing him graduate on the parade grounds of Parris Island, SC just over a day ago. He is so different in appearance and behavior that it is simply extra ordinary.

Jessee_USMC4.jpg

Jessee_USMC3.jpg

And now he is home for ten days of well-deserved leave and he's devouring everything edible in the house..... (when he is not sleeping).

Awesome and congratulations to him, you and your wife. It looks like you did a great job raising him!

Congrats nite, what an outstanding achievement!

Looks like the uniform suits him. Will you tell him thank you for us?

D.….it’s an honorable thing your family has done for our country. He joins the ranks of some of the best people our nation has to offer. I wish him a safe journey and a fun adventure, Oh and don’t catch crabs! Whooooo Hooooo kick some ass devil dog !

Congrats to your family!
Please thank your son for his volunteering for our great nation.
May he and all our service men and women return from duty SAFE!

My oldest son tried to enlist in the marines just after he finished high school this year, but couldn't pass the eye test (uncorrectable 20/200 is automatic medical disqualification).

nitesite, please tell your son congratulations and thank you for me. My prayers sent for him and all the other service men and women.

Congratulation! Awesome awesome awesome! Tell him our little family says thank you!

John A. said:
My oldest son tried to enlist in the marines just after he finished high school this year, but couldn't pass the eye test (uncorrectable 20/200 is automatic medical disqualification).

nitesite, please tell your son congratulations and thank you for me. My prayers sent for him and all the other service men and women.
Marines is ALWAYS capitalized!!!

OORAH!!!!!!

nitesite said:
He passed the Crucible this past weekend and got his Eagle Globe and Anchor making him a United States Marine. His mom and I had the priveledge of seeing him graduate on the parade grounds of Parris Island, SC just over a day ago. He is so different in appearance and behavior that it is simply extra ordinary.

Jessee_USMC4.jpg

Jessee_USMC3.jpg

And now he is home for ten days of well-deserved leave and he's devouring everything edible in the house..... (when he is not sleeping).
Outf'nstanding!!! What's his MOS?

AF (Aviation Repair).

After MCT he goes to Pensacola NAS for anywhere from 90-360 days of training depending on the needs of the Marine Corps. We're hoping he gets the advanced training that lasts a year, cuz after that it's still four more years.

nitesite said:
AF (Aviation Repair).

After MCT he goes to Pensacola NAS for anywhere from 90-360 days of training depending on the needs of the Marine Corps. We're hoping he gets the advanced training that lasts a year, cuz after that it's still four more years.
Aviation repair? Airframes, Powerplant, Avionics, I level or O level? I hope he enlisted with guaranteed MOS.

BTW, an initial enlistment obligation is a total of 8 yrs; several different combos of active duty & inactive reserve.

Don't mean to be an arse just want to help.

Soldiernurse said:
nitesite said:
AF (Aviation Repair).

Aviation repair? Airframes, Powerplant, Avionics, I level or O level? I hope he enlisted with guaranteed MOS.

Avionics, Guaranteed

Soldiernurse said:
BTW, an initial enlistment obligation is a total of 8 yrs; several different combos of active duty & inactive reserve.

Yes, I am aware of that. I went thru it myself so it holds no surprises.

Soldiernurse said:
Don't mean to be an arse just want to help.

No problem, I understand. Thanks for the insight.

Congratulations!!!! I can't imagine how proud you must be.

BTW, congrats! My son is in the military, too, so I know how proud you are of your son. Very cool he is going to be an Avionics Tech. I'd be interested in what type of Bird he will specialize. I was Avionics, too, on F-4 Phantoms.

Semper Fi!

Congrats to your son...your wife...and you nitesite...for a job well done !!

Semper Fidelis !!

Marine_Corps_Emblem_zps049ba83d.jpg

OORAH !!

Soldiernurse said:
Outf'nstanding!!! What's his (edited: by nitesite) MOS?

Besides the whole daily job description........

You know the answer.....

Wait One.....

Here it comes.....

He is a Rifleman in the United States Marine Corps. :cool:

Soldiernurse said:
BTW, congrats! My son is in the military, too, so I know how proud you are of your son.

You must have certainly done a great job of raising him right that he chose to be a dedicated citizen and defender of Freedom. Good job, Dad! He didn't do it without your upbringing. Thank you to both you and his mom. I know how proud of him you both are.

Soldiernurse said:
Very cool he is going to be an Avionics Tech. I'd be interested in what type of Bird he will specialize. I was Avionics, too, on F-4 Phantoms.

Semper Fi!

The F-4 Phantom. A fat pig of a fighter/bomber that McDonnell Douglas designed and built, but damn that huge ass aircraft could carry incredible amounts of ordnance and put it on target, and still dogfight against more nimble and aeorbatic fighters and pour cannon fire and missiles into the enemy, and it could absorb AAF and bring aircrews home with pride and dignity.

It astounds me to think that the F-4 Phantom was actually dogfighting and carrying out a multitude of missions of which no one ever envisioned.

Thank you so much for keeping them flying and in the battle!

I'm proud of you, Marine....... :!:

f-4-phantom-ii-larry-mcmanus.jpg

nitesite said:
Soldiernurse said:
Outf'nstanding!!! What's his (edited: by nitesite) MOS?

Besides the whole daily job description........

You know the answer.....

Wait One.....

Here it comes.....

He is a Rifleman in the United States Marine Corps. :cool:
You got that right! Prior to Iraq deployment (2007) I had rifle qual. LOL, I shot expert. When I turned in my target several Soldiers asked if I went shooting on a regular basis. I told them I'd not fired an M16, or any other rifle, since 2008. I'm sure they were puzzled by my medical patch, too. So, one of the Soldiers asked where did I learn to shoot. I grinned & replied in the Marine Corps.

Back