• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ordered a Barrel 30+ days ago and still waiting.

MossyMilDot

.270 WIN
On 1/7/2014 I ordered a Mossberg barrel from Mossberg as FULL price and its still not here. $181.12 (ouch) and still waiting. Barrel #90140.

I hope its made in the USA and not Mexico?

I would give them a call and see if you can find out about when they will be running production on that barrel if it is a back ordered part. (800) 363-3555

old mossy said:
I would give them a call and see if you can find out about when they will be running production on that barrel if it is a back ordered part. (800) 363-3555

Thanks for the phone number. I will call tomorrow.

Good luck.

I was contemplating that barrel for a while for one of my two 500s. I gave up when absolutely no one had them in stock. When I called Mossberg quite a few months back they had zero idea when there might be an ETA if any for that particular barrel.

I even scoured various forums in the buy/sale/trade areas for a secondhand one. Came up also emply handed there. I'd be curious to see what they tell you now. If they are intending to finally produce some more I'd be interested again for sure. Please let us know what you find out.

Nice. I may have to revisit the idea again. At the time I wanted a barrel that had some versatility with the changeable chokes but still could pull double duty for the HD role. Right now its still sporting the 18.5 cylinder bore it came with. Thanks for the update.

jgwills said:
Nice. I may have to revisit the idea again. At the time I wanted a barrel that had some versatility with the changeable chokes but still could pull double duty for the HD role. Right now its still sporting the 18.5 cylinder bore it came with. Thanks for the update.

That's what I wanted also. I have a 8 different choke sizes for it. I also have a Carlson's Tactical Breecher Choke for it at the 9th :mrgreen:

MossyMilDot said:
jgwills said:

That's what I wanted also. I have a 8 different choke sizes for it. I also have a Carlson's Tactical Breecher Chokefor it at the 9th :mrgreen:

The Mossy 500 has a Marine anti-rust finish inside. I will Cerakote the barrel when I get it.

Back