• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ordered a new 702 plinkster a moth ago!

Was it listed in stock when you ordered it? Have you paid for it or have they charged your card if it is a net order? The guns are ( appear to be) in stock with some major suppliers like Cabela's and Bud's Guns and more. I don't know Scheels or their business practices.

Like Mossy said - what is their answer about the status of your order? There is no reason (IMHO) that you should not be shooting your 702 today that I can imagine. Maybe Mossberg is busy producing runs of other guns but I think I see them available from multiple sources. Post up some more info about the order and we'll try to help.

Have already paid. Said they would have to order it. Was just recently out there last friday. Checked again with them, they said they are all on backorder. Gunna give them another week and I'm gunna ask for my money back Thinking this will be my first and LAST time I order anything from scheels!

There is an upside to working with a LGS. But if there are other shops that will outperform them by far and they are 'floating' your payment - personally, I'd think twice about the structure of that deal. Often a % of payment will get the order placed. 100% paid and waiting while others have the gun in stock would cause me to revisit the deal. My two bits...

Well its been almost a month and a half now and still no rifle! My local gun shop has a 802 plinkster on hand. So I'm getting my money back from Scheels and buying the 802 on Friday. Will be my first bolt action rilfe, so I'm looking forward to getting it!

Got my 802...Hopefully going out this weekend to shoot it for the fist time! Wheather in the midwest has sucked lately! Getting excited! :D

broncos7 said:
Got my 802...Hopefully going out this weekend to shoot it for the fist time! Wheather in the midwest has sucked lately! Getting excited! :D

Attachments

• 7fbc4118_12982.gif
    7fbc4118_12982.gif
    94.4 KB · Views: 174
Well here's an update Ran about 60rds through the 802 gotta say was amazed how accurate it was with iron sights! But I just recently traded a guy for a 702. Offered me a deal that couldn't pass up. So hopefully going to get out and try out the 702 soon! I will be getting another 802 in the future

Good to see the 802 is treating you well!

Lookin forward to your range report on the new 702...

Back