• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Our Sheriff's need our support

Re: Oregon Sheriff Mueller needs us

I just saw this on CNN last night in Harrisburg! Great Stuff and he will have my support where I can share it!

This is my Sheriff Mike Winters, he has a lot of support here, we love it !.

Don’t forget to support your local law enforcement agencies through this, they are between a rock and a hard place with this crisis that’s brewing and the majority is ultimately on our side. Try not to make their jobs any harder than it is.

This article also includes the letter from neighboring Josephine County Sheriff Gil Gibertson.

http://www.kdrv.com/sheriffs-respond-to ... -proposal/

Is anyone starting to see similar stands being made in their neck of the woods ?.......God I hope so

******The sheriff said he took an oath to support the Constitution******

I'd like to shake this man's hand! Hell I might even hug him.

oli700 said:
I have his autograph on my conceal carry permit lol.

haha I thought "well now that is a weird place to have his autograph" but then it clicked :lol:

Do you have any welding jobs out there in Linn Co?

An oath to defend the Constitution... man, that's a guy I can admire. Thanks for posting this Oli, refreshing and encouraging to hear stuff like this!

now we are talking !

Brad if you weld aluminum there is always room for drift boat builders, you will have to learn how to salmon fish though

changed the title in hopes to see more people posting this is happening country wide, they need to know we are standing with them on this

I've seen these letters plasted all over my FB friends pages but had no idea they are real. I will also write my local PD to see if they share the same ideals.
Thanx for posting it up.

Here's another from Minnesota:

On a day when President Obama was preparing a slate of proposals to stem gun violence in America, Pine County Sheriff Robin Cole said he would consider any new federal regulation on guns to be illegal and would “refuse to carry it out.”

“We will not enforce that,” Cole told the News Tribune of any potential federal regulation that could lead to confiscation of firearms.

Obama is expected to announce proposals today including limits on the sale of assault weapons and strengthening background checks, but not confiscating existing guns.

Cole’s position first appeared Tuesday in an open letter he sent to residents of the east-central Minnesota county, disseminated through the media. The sheriff said he made the statement in response to questions from his constituents who are scared about potential new gun laws. Cole said it took him a month to craft the response. The letter outlines his contention that the Second Amendment on the right to bear arms is “fundamental to our individual freedoms and that firearms are part of life in our country.”

“We have been inundated,” Cole said of questions about gun laws since the Newtown, Conn., massacre in December.

now they know they have my support, there is nothing stopping them :lol:

RE: Second Amendment January 17, 2013 9:21 AM

"Michael Winters" <WinterMS@jacksoncounty.org>

To: me

I appreciate your support sir ! I have been getting some people who aren’t so happy with me but that is to be expected, so a kind note is nice to receive. Mike

Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:25 PM
To: Michael Winters
Subject: Second Amendment

Dear Sheriff Mike,
You have my support on your stand against infringement of our rights. You are not alone in this, a lot of us support you and your folks during these challenging times as we realize law enforcement are caught between a rock and a hard place. I urge folks to not make your jobs any harder than they already are over this subject. The other Sheriffs and yourself who are strong enough to make this stand are true Americans, true Oregon patriots and I am proud to call Mike Winters my Sheriff

Thank You for your diligence

me
Jackson County resident

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:16 AM
To: me
Subject: RE: Second Amendment

Thank you for your comments, and support. We are all in this together.
Gil

I just love this stuff...these guys inspire me.

From Florida to California, a growing number of the nation's sheriffs are standing up to gun control measures proposed by both the administration and Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.).

Many law enforcement officials have written letters to President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden voicing their concerns over what they believe is an effort to infringe upon the Second Amendment.

In New Mexico, 30 of the state's 33 county sheriffs have reminded state lawmakers that they are under oath to support the U.S. Constitution, and that includes the Second Amendment.

CNSNews.com previously reported that 28 of the 29 sheriff's in Utah sent a letter to President Obama stating that they will not enforce any new gun laws they believe to be unconstitutional.

A host of Oregon sheriffs have said that they will not comply with any new unconstitutional gun regulations:
•Sheriff Craig Zanni wrote, "I have and will continue to uphold my Oath of Office including supporting the Second Amendment," in a letter to Coos County citizens.
•Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin said he would refuse to enforce any new Federal gun law he believes is unconstitutional.
•In a letter to Vice President Joe Biden, Grant County Sheriff, Glenn Palmer writes: "I will not tolerate nor will I permit any federal incursion within the exterior boundaries of Grant County, Oregon, where any type of gun control legislation aimed at disarming law -abiding citizens is the goal or objective."
•Sheriff Gil Gilbertson of Josephine County told Biden in a letter: "Any rule, regulation, or executive order repugnant to the constitutional rights of the citizens of this County will be ignored by this office."
•Sheriff Tim Mueller of Linn County, Oregon says his department will not participate in any overreaching and unconstitutional federal firearms restrictions.

In California, Sheriff Adam Christianson of Stanislaus County wrote to the vice president: "I refuse to take firearms from law abiding citizens and will not turn law-abiding citizens into criminals by enforcing useless gun control legislation."

A letter sent to Sen. Dianne Feinstein from Sheriff Jon Lopey of Siskiyou County, California states: "Our founding fathers got it right and many politicians are getting it wrong."

In Missouri, Lawrence County Sheriff Brad Delay tells the president: "I will...rise to the defense and aid of all Americans should the federal government attempt to enact any legislation, or executive order that impedes, erodes, or otherwise diminishes their constitutional right to keep and bear arms."

At a town hall meeting, Sheriff Denny Peyman of Jackson County, Kentucky told citizens "you are never going to pull a gun from Jackson County."

Smith County, Texas Sheriff, Larry Smith has said, "I will not enforce an unconstitutional law against any citizen in Smith County. It just won't happen."

In Florida, Martin County Sheriff, Bill Snyder said that he will not enforce federal gun laws: "Local law enforcement authorities are not empowered to enforce Federal law," Snyder said

Thanks Oli! I like reading them myself. PA is bad here. Sheriff's don't have the authority that they have in a lot of other states. Reading this stuff makes me wish our sheriff's were a stronger authority. They do issue concealed permits though. Here's another:

Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. set off alarm bells Friday with a radio spot some view as a call for citizens to arm themselves.

In the radio ad, Clarke tells residents personal safety isn't a spectator sport anymore, and that "I need you in the game."

"With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option," Clarke intones.

"You could beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back."

Clarke urges listeners to take a firearm safety course and handle a firearm "so you can defend yourself until we get there."

"You have a duty to protect yourself and your family. We're partners now. Can I count on you?"

The spot aired at least once - during the last hour of the Mark Belling show on WISN-AM (1130) on Thursday. Clarke spokeswoman Fran McLaughlin posted it to the department website on Friday. She said she did not know where else or how often the spot would be broadcast, or how much the department spent to air it.

Clarke has served as lightning rod before, most recently when he called for schools to arm teachers in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., massacre of 20 children and six adults at an elementary school. News of the sheriff's gun ad quickly generated feedback.

Denny Peyman, a sheriff in Jackson County told ABC News that he too would not enforce any laws he considers unconstitutional.

"I swore an oath to the Constitution and the Kentucky Constitution and what is happening right now anybody in their right mind, anybody that believes in the Constitution can't stand by and accept what is being handed down right now," Peyman said. "What's happening right now is [the federal government] is saying let's trying to bend it a little bit and if the American people let them bend it a bit, then we don't know how far they will bend it."

As for whether he would throw federal agents in jail if they try to enforce laws that are passed, he said, "I guess we'll see when that day comes."

Back