• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Overlooking State Sovereignty

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
With the recent advancement of the left on the Federal stage, and the recent attempts to destroy our rights on the state level, it is becoming increasingly more apparent that each of us needs to double our efforts.

If not on the Federal level, then on the state level.

As other states have passed firearm protection laws against the Federal government, I have felt compelled to ask my Reps and Senators to follow suit.

Here is the letter that took the time to write and send to my elected officials. Feel free to do the same if you wish.

------------------------------------------------------

Good Morning.

I was writing in hopes that I could ask that you submit a bill for Kentucky citizens similiar to the ones that many other states have accepted in the last few years protecting their citizens from Federal over reach where it pertains to our God given 2nd Amendment rights as gauranteed by our Constitution, which you took a solemn oath to defend and protect.

It is obvious that in the wake of the school schooting in Connecticut that there are several Federal Congressment who are hellbent on restricting or even stripping our freedoms and enforcing laws that would make otherwise honest and law abiding men and women and responsibile citizens criminals and felons with a swipe of the pen.

Over the years, it has been increasingly apparent that our soveriegn rights have came under attack repeatedly by those choice few trying to further their personal agenda's against the many.

So, it is a sad day that I feel that I must write to you concerning this matter and ask that you act on our behalf to defend our (supposed) rights to begin with.

Here is a bill number that you could use as a draft that has recently been submitted in Wyoming House Bill No. HB0104 – Firearm Protection Act

And here is a link to the scanned document:
http://k2radio.com/wyoming-house-bill-n ... ction-act/

Thank you for your time and consideration in this very important matter and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Great letter John, thanks for posting.

John A.~

I can see a lot of effort and thought in your letter. Good job. Your efforts are appreciated.

I'm attempting to find any other news source other than K2 Wyoming Radio who is reporting on this, but I'm having no success.

I wonder if this is a proposal that is not even in Committee yet but got leaked to a radio station.

There are several states (TN and maybe Montana ???) that have adopted firearm protection laws in the past few years, although as you can imagine, have been tied up in Fed court.

I did receive a reply already from a few reps.

First of all, thank you for contacting me. Please rest assured that I am a firm supporter of the second amendment and hold dear our constitutional rights. I apologize that you must even worry about these rights but will continue to do my part to stand up for our right to bear arms and all those held dear under the constitution.

Thank you for the information on the Wyoming legislation. I appreciate your dedication to the process and will look into this.
If I can ever be of assistance to you or your family, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Your friend and public servant,
Brandon D. Smith

I will look at it.
I am pro gun and 2nd amendment right and I will fight to protect that right.
Thank you for your e-mail.

Rep. Fitz Steele

John, excellent write! Ill def borrow this and send it out!

Back