• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Oversized bolt handle?

Jogar80

.22LR
Anyone know if any of the oversized handles for other brands will fit the SA-20 bolt? My kid is having trouble with the stock handle hurting his finger when he pulls on it.

Found one made by Grumpy Duck Co. but the notes say it fits an SA-28 and is unsure if it will fit the 20 gauge. Does anyone know if the 28 gauge uses the same bolt handle as the SA20? Mossberg customer service was no help. Very friendly, but no help.

I don’t know anything about the sa-20. What actually holds that handle on the gun, a set screw? Is the factory handle round? Knurled? I’m super cheap, so if I just needed a little extra protrusion to help me, and the handle was round, I’d probably just swage a copper cap from Lowe’s plumbing department over the stock knob. Lol but that’s just me.

I don’t know anything about the sa-20. What actually holds that handle on the gun, a set screw? Is the factory handle round? Knurled? I’m super cheap, so if I just needed a little extra protrusion to help me, and the handle was round, I’d probably just swage a copper cap from Lowe’s plumbing department over the stock knob. Lol but that’s just me.
It’s held by something like a key that only goes in or out by positioning the bolt just right. Factory handle is a curved flat. I’m a cheapo too, but this being my 7 yr old son’s gun, I want it to look how he wants. Especially since it’s not the A400 he originally picked out! Lol

Back