• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Parts fell out while cleaning

crobs808

Copper BB
Made the mistake of dry firing my 930 while cleaning and three pieces fell out. The cocking pin, spring and cap. I reconstructed the gun without it, thinking I could get by without having the cocking indicator, but now it doesn't fire - is the cocking indicator also the firing pin?

Sorry for the noobie question. I just can't see how to get these parts back in. Thanks!

Awesome. Now I just have to find out how to get the trigger assembly out of the gun. I've pushed hard on the locking pins on both sides but no go. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though.

Use a punch and tap it - they will come out... to keep it from marring the surface should you slip put a thin piece of leather or tough fabric between the pin/punch. Mine were tough as well the first few times… you might want to reach in there and re-cock the hammer to take some pressure off the assembly as well.

Also, this is why you need to have the action cocked and on safe before taking your bolt out for disassembly. The cocked trigger is what keeps those items in place.
Lots of us learned this the hard way. Easy fix, just a little scary the first time.
Best...

I am just now getting around to this and see that the link starts with the trigger assembly already out of the gun. how do i get it out? the pegs only go 75% out, but do not fully remove :( HELP!!

They should come out. Use a piece of cleaning rod or something else to carefully drive them out. They are just tight. After getting the trigger group out and reassembled, cock the hammer and engage the safety before putting it back in the receiver. The owners manual should do a better job stating this can happen when you do NOT keep the weapon cocked upon disassemble. Lots of us have done it. Usually just once.
Cheers...

Back