• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Personal Defense Weapon...when they buy them

we would rather dig our own eyes out with a spoon
Great response Tim4K5! That would be great if all would turn down the request. It's not like with the current buying frenzy that they can't sell all they can produce. Barret stopped selling and servicing to California agencies when they outlawed thr 50 cal there.

Thanks Mike......that's a favorite saying of mine when it comes to doing anything unpleasant.

Rossi, I like your idea.Maybe this bid can be used to counter any upcoming AWB legislation. They aren't "assault weapons"....they are "Personal Defense Systems". I have no need for an "assault weapon" and I'm sure nobody on this forum does either......But I'd definitely like to have an AR based "Personal Defense Weapon".

Rossignol said:
I am emailing this to everyone including reps that aren't my own;

Dear (everyone),

The DHS is seeking to purchase as many as 7000 rifles, PDWs or "personal defense weapons" as they are "particularly suited to personal defense in close quarters". Not really a big deal except that if you look at Sec. C in the link below, you can read for yourself the characteristics of the rifles, actually referred to as "Colt M4 type".

The characteristics are the same as those that appear in proposed ban legislation but those rifles are referred to as "assault weapons", they are the very characteristics that define an "assault" weapon according to legislators. They simply can't be both and I personally am sending emails to both state and federal reps demanding an explanation.

This is further illustration of the tactic being used to control the language and conversation to illicit a particular and calculated response from the public.

The primary difference between what is available for public consumption and that being considered for purchase by the DHS is that the request from the DHS is for select fire rifles, which are not available to the public as you know without meeting very strict requirements including a $200 tax stamp and FBI background check with fingerprinting.

I am demanding of my reps to provide an explanation and to publicly define an "assault weapon" because its one or the other and certainly not both. I personally do not own a single "assault weapon".

Rossignol

https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&mode ... e&_cview=0

This is one I'll share with my reps as well. Thanx Ross... :!:

I actually wanted to go a slightly different route with this, but was pressed for time and wanted to get somethin out.

I wanted to list the characteristics from sec. C and ask if I understood these correctly to be those of an assault weapon. Then redirect and show that I was quotin this request for purchase of PDWs.

Especially since our govt has seen to acknowledge that they're "particularly suited for personal defense in close quarters".

By all means, use it in whole or in part, build on it and add to it where ever y'all think it could use it! Thanks fellas!

I'm doing the same kind of thing with the characteristics in a letter to the local newpaper editor. I'll copy it here if it gets published

Ooooh, good thinkin! I had sent all this to a local radio station. Haven't heard anything yet. Hannity mentioned it, but not enough to actually emphasize that the DHS is calling them PDWs.

Def post it if it makes it!

Could you share it when you do? Instead of after being published? I'd like to send it out to my newspapers here too.

Could you share it when you do? Instead of after being published? I'd like to send it out to my newspapers here too.

Here is my letter. I'm pretty pumped up that it was in the Sunday News editorial page! They had 2 pro and 2 anti letters. I get sick of the anti letters...they always blow off the Constitution.

The Department of Homeland Security has issued information needed to quote and purchase 7000 Personal Defense Weapons (PDW). They describe the rifle that they want to acquire as ideal for close in personal defense.

What are the features that DHS has deemed important to a self-defense rifle? Well, it should fire the 5.56 x 45 NATO round. It should have a pistol grip, adjustable length stock and mounting rails for lights or optics. Other needs that DHS has identified as useful are two thirty round magazines, a muzzle brake, sling mounting points and of course that it have a switch to place it into a safe mode. Lastly, they want it to be black and have the option of firing fully automatic.

The above of course is describing an M-16 or M-4 rifle since it can fire fully automatic. It's ironic that when the government is buying the rifle it's called a Personal Defense Weapon. When a law abiding citizen wishes to own a lesser version called an AR-15 the same government and the media call it an "assault rifle" or "weapon of mass destruction".

Nicely done sir. thanx for sharing. I'll get that out to as many newspapers as I can.

Back