• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

PETA Turning To Drones For Harassing Outdoorsmen

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I guess PETA using drones to harass legal and law abiding hunters and fishermen was inevitable. Let the drone shooting begin!

So, they plan to harass skilled marksmen, with drones, while these marksmen are armed and in the field. It’s situations and ideas like this that make some of the liberal left look like such buffoons. How long do they actually think those drones will remain in the air to harass these hunters? We hunters have a word events like this….target practice. Oh, and for the ones planning to harass fishermen with submersible drones…most fishermen are also hunters who are usually well prepared.
Norfolk, Va --(Ammoland.com)- From the official PETA press release:
“Hunters and anglers who are planning to participate in National Hunting and Fishing Day on September 27 had best beware: PETA could be watching. ”
“Following the successful launch of its Air Angels hobby drones—which allow kind “hunter watcher hobbyists” to capture and share video footage of illegal or cruel hunting practices—PETA is introducing a new “angler watcher” drone using submersible technology. The group is currently recruiting members and supporters to field-test the new drones in all bodies of water—so all anglers who cast a line of cruelty on Fish Amnesty Day, also marked on September 27, should consider themselves forewarned.”
PETA goes on to say;
“We plan to try out our new submersible drones in lakes, rivers, and oceans to ensure that anglers are following all the local laws,” says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. “The drones will also help document the cruelty inherent in fishing—showing how fish suffer when they’re hooked and thrown back into the water injured and how other unsuspecting wildlife are ensnared by lines, nets, lures, and other equipment that gets lost or stuck under the water.”
“PETA, whose motto states, in part, that “animals are not ours to use for entertainment,” won’t be releasing the exact locations where the air and water drones will be operating so that all who participate in the “sport” of hunting and killing animals will be lawful and compassionate, knowing that PETA might be filming their actions.”​

Hell, I may go hunting for drones this year. What's a good SG load for 'em? If I see one in the lake it is going to the bottom...I'll carry some extra chain with me. Lead is too valuable to use...

SSS!

Sent from my Barnett Raptor using alien technology

I recall a local story about some "PETA-style" group was observing a hunting club's annual dove release (or something like that) with one of those 4 or 6 blade helicopter affairs and it was the first flying object shot out of the sky! :D They complained loudly about "rights" to the sheriff who told them to get stuffed and that the drone had been trespassing. It helped that he was also a member of the club... ;)

If I were a smarter person I would invent, build and bring to market a drone that is a counter-drone, a drone hunting drone.....to just roam the property, put a Taser gun on it or something

Just for interest sake, there are a number of Gnat Shoots available around the country to practice your drone killing skills. Bring money. Here's one that Fiocchi is running.

If I were a smarter person I would invent, build and bring to market a drone that is a counter-drone, a drone hunting drone.....to just roam the property, put a Taser gun on it or something
Counter drone - great idea!

I recall a local story about some "PETA-style" group was observing a hunting club's annual dove release (or something like that) with one of those 4 or 6 blade helicopter affairs and it was the first flying object shot out of the sky! :D They complained loudly about "rights" to the sheriff who told them to get stuffed and that the drone had been trespassing. It helped that he was also a member of the club... ;)
My property = my airspace.
If my neighbor's apple tree hangs over my fence - those apples are mine!

I know what would happen at the ARPC if you sent a drone over. The current pres is a lawyer and the board keeps a legal team as active members. They will go pro-active and pro-bono for any club issue!! AND we're keeping the parts!!

My property = my airspace.
If my neighbor's apple tree hangs over my fence - those apples are mine!

I know what would happen at the ARPC if you sent a drone over. The current pres is a lawyer and the board keeps a legal team as active members. They will go pro-active and pro-bono for any club issue!! AND we're keeping the parts!!

There will be parts left over?

Back