• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Phoenix Technology Tactical Series Adjustable Stock Kicklite

Re: Phoenix Technology Tactical Series Adjustable Stock Kick

I agree, and I may have said before, if I were to set up a one of my shotty's just for hunting, which I may still do, I'd get some sort of pistol grip stock like a Mesa low tube in conjunction with a stock I can add a cheek riser to for my sights.

So I certainly dont dislike them! And one day, I'll do the Mesa! ;)

Hi, newby here. Just wanted to say nice job on the review! I've been thinking about picking up a Kicklite for my 590a1. Right now I have the 12 lop hogue stock which is good but I really want a pistol grip. I know a lot of people say that pistol grip and mossy don't go together but...... I was wondering, do you have a problem getting to the action/slide release? I'm aware that the knoxx specops obstructs the release, but how about the kicklite? thanks, spy.

Welcome to Mossberg Owners forum! I am still up in the air about the pistol grip on a Mossberg but I have to say I do enjoy it while I have one mounted on my Mossberg 500. I have no issues with the action/slide release with the Phoenix Technology Tactical Stock with Kicklite. Hope that helps answer your questions and if you think of any others please let me know.

Phoenix Technology Tactical Forend
p1041399339-4.jpg

p584400067-4.jpg

Excellent review(s) and pics as usual Doc !!

Well done...rep sent

Phoenix Technology KickLite

Ok, with a desire to hopefully make my Mossy somewhat userfriendly for my Wife (5'1" 105lbs). I began
researching adjustable recoil reducing stocks. Shuu Wee, its sorta brain numbing. Then I came across
the review Dan wrote on the KickLite on Amazon. Which also led me here somehow. After a couple
more weeks of reshearch and debate, I ordered the KickLite Sunday, it arrived last nite (Wen.) as we
were sitting down for dinner. Man I was like a little kid shoving those grocery's down my throat so I
could get at my new toys. Wow, what a kit for the money. It came complete with, stock, ball tipped
allen wrench, forend, forend adapter for Mossbergs, the tool for the forend castle nut, and a shell holder
that can be mounted on either side of the stock.

Stock installation was a breeze, I swear, I think it took me longer to open the package and sort through
the parts, than it did to swap the stocks. It was getting late, so I headed out to give it a quick try with some bird shot. It may just be the difference in recoil pads with the light loads, my original pad is
pretty firm, but I think it was at least 40% less recoil.

After all the nightmare stories about swapping the forends I wasn't sure I wanted to. When I got home
tonight I decided lets give it a go. I guess I got lucky, had it on in about 10 minutes. Actually the only
problem you might say I had, was with the tiny screws for the shell holder, but hey, thats just old
fingers. Here she is complete.

Should get a chance to put some heavy stuff thru it soon, I'll let y'all know how that goes. So far I'm very pleased with the Kicklite. (posting pics messing with me)

Keep up the Great work on the page,,,, thanks

Re: Phoenix Technology KickLite

Thanks for the post Lightng_!

I doctored your links a bit so the pics would show. We're lookin forward to seeing what you and the Mrs. think after you've had a chance to send a few down range. Keep us posted...

Hey, Thanks for the help L.E.S. Its probably still to end heavy for her. But heck, I gotta new stock.
We may just have to find a 510 for her side of the room :cool:

Thanks for the great review!

Thanks Dan.

I need to mention the action release, in regards to the KinkLite, or any other pistol grip style stock, on a Mossberg. IMO it does change how you push it, but for me, its still not as awkward as the forward location of the 870 release.

Didn't get a chance to shoot this weekend, now Sandy's blowing up a ruckus,,,, remember to keep all on the East coast in your prayers. I did pick up a Hiviz Tactical Shotgun Sight, so now I really looking forward to puttin some heavy lead down range. Heres a pic. ( mainly to see if I figured pics out ;) )

wOmWR.jpg

The Lite bars come in Grn, Red, and Amber, thought I'd try Amber first.

Finally got a chance to give the kicklite a workout. Shot an assortment of heavy loads, from MG #00, to Slugs, even some #4 buck 3" magnums. Then we headed to the pigeon range, I probably shot 30 there. I have to say it definately reduces recoil, I did get some cheek slap on the heavy rounds but nothing that bad. Several other guys shot it and liked it too. I had the shell holder filled with 00 buck, after 8 rounds of the magnum loads, the 2 outer shells would slide maybe a 1/16 of an inch.

With the original stock, after a box of bird shot my shoulder would be wiped out. After all the shooting I did yesterday, my shoulder don't even feel like I shot any. I like that.

Its the only recoil reducing stock I've ever used, but so far I give the Kicklite a big Thumbs UP!

As for the HIVIZ sight, that baby rocks!

Glad to see it's workin out for you!

Thanks for posting up your impressions and review...

My pleasure,,,,, just happy I found a forum to share the results with like minded enthusiast.

DHonovich said:
Phoenix Technology Tactical Forend
p1041399339-4.jpg

p584400067-4.jpg

Is that the forend that came with the Kicklite? Did you have to drill to get the side or bottom rails on?

That is an optional forend. The rails simply screw into place.

Back