• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Picatinny Rail Screws go bye bye

Water Monkey

The man, the myth, the monkey
Supporter
Went shooting today and at the end of the session I realized the pica tinny rail was a bit wobbly. Well 2 screws must have dislodged during the 200+ rounds I shot today. Mossberg offices are closed during the weekend. Is there a vendor I can get the rail screws from or is that just Mossberg?

Called my local gun shop and they don't carry those screws.

21 views and no love huh?

Anyway looks like my ghost ring sights were the reason the back 2 screws stayed put. Looks like there are 4 screws in total whereby the first 2 screws must be shorter in order to lock in to where the barrel locks into the receiver.

I'll call mossberg tomorrow.

I tightened the back screws and it seems the picatinny rail is now snug against the weapon for now.

If anybody knows any other place I can get the screws feel free to shout it out.

I have a few small allen screws that came with a mossberg rail I bought and installed on my gsg-5. I can take a picture and post a picture of them in the morning and mail them to you if they are the correct screws. Send me a pm with you address if you want them.

As promised... Here is a picture of the screws and the packaging that they came in. I bought this off of amazon.

232323232%7Ffp53862%3Enu%3D8%3B%3A2%3E%3A55%3E239%3EWSNRCG%3D388995%3A3%3B432%3Anu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp53875%3Enu%3D3889%3E648%3E7%3B%3A%3E297%3A6488%3A%3B239ot1lsi

I've had good luck finding obscure screws from fastenall.com. Even some that the local gunsmith couldn't find.

Most that I've looked for were only a few cents each so It was easy to pick a range for the ones I didn't know the exact size and thread count for.

bsipes30 said:
I have a few small allen screws that came with a mossberg rail I bought and installed on my gsg-5. I can take a picture and post a picture of them in the morning and mail them to you if they are the correct screws. Send me a pm with you address if you want them.

You're awesome man!!! I will respectfully decline as I just got off the phone with mossberg and they will send me a new set of screws for free. Also couldn't help myself and ordered the turkey barrel since I had them on the phone.

Thanks again!

I am glad to hear it all worked out for you; its great to see members so willing to help others out too!

Make sure when you put the new screws in, add a drop of loc-tite to the threads...

Also, just tighten the screws "just snug" then let the Loc-Tite do it's job... There isn't a lot of "meat" for the threads to grip and it's real easy to strip them out...

Smitty

Back