• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

picked one up for the grandson

shaner

.270 WIN
got one from a guy at the range last week , what a great lil gun for a 9yr, the 10.5 in stock, fit him perfect, he was bustin hand thrown clays and pop cans within the first 10 rounds thru it , hes in love with it , and iam a great grandpa!!!! hahahah

Congratulations on your new Mossberg 510 mini. I am sure your grandson is besides himself with that gift!

he sure was and still is, i love it seein their eyes yu know they are dreamin of taking game as the y swing into the sky hahah

How cute! My son that will be 5 soon wants a gun. He has a bb gun that he loves but it's still too long for his size. Not sure there's a gun out there for his size. He's also a left handed shooter. Congrats to your grandson, post a pic!

Way to go, Grandpa! He'll never forget this experience.

GirlsLoveGuns2 said:
How cute! My son that will be 5 soon wants a gun. He has a bb gun that he loves but it's still too long for his size. Not sure there's a gun out there for his size. He's also a left handed shooter. Congrats to your grandson, post a pic!

Maybe a Cricket Rifle and start out with CB Shorts and progress to Long Rifles later?

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/inde ... ath/36_211

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAsfDujAM88

Or if you are real cool you will find the original...Chipmunk .22. I used to make the barrels for them. They don’t make them in Oregon anymore and maybe not at all. The original was out of Medford, Or and then Prospect, Or. I made barrels for about 6 years in Prospect. At the time a company out of Pennsylvania copied the Chipmunk and called it a Cricket. There was a court battle and Cricket changed a few things. The Chipmunks are built better if you can find a used one….and if it’s from Prospect I made the barrel .

I'd gladly spend the extra $45 bux if I could get a Prospect, OR Chipmunk Rifle just so I could have oli's barrel on it!!!!!

I made that barrel. When they were in Medford they were Oregon Arms/Chipmunk Mfg.Inc. Then the owner moved it to Prospect. The owner turned into a drunk of epic proportions and went crazy killing his best friend in a shooting. The company went to his son, my friend and the name was changed to Rogue Rifle Company ....the Rogue River originates a little northeast of Prospect near Crater Lake, the deepest lake in the US…..an extinct volcano.

shaner~

So he was actually hitting thrown clay targets??? Wow, that's really an impressive accomplishment! My youngest first started back yard trap with a Stoeger Youth Model single-shot 20-ga and even though he was probably ten, he couldn't hit schidt for the longest time! Definitely not on the first day!

That's awesome shaner. congrats from one pepe to another...

the one from buds is three changes in owners since i did the barrels. The new ones are cheesy

Back