• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

pictures that make you lol

5e8y6ube.jpg

I remeber having field days in elementary school.

The sole purpose then was to destroy the competition. It was about proving yourself, building strength, and realizing potential. The only time teamwork was involved was in the water balloon toss or tug of war. Even then it was about picking the right team members and destroying the other team. Used to be an early lesson in natural selection. That 1st place ribbon was the only one that mattered.

Now everyone is 1st place just for showing up. Welcome to the herd, please take your participation award. What a crock of $#!+. The only way to make a winner is for them to know how bad losing makes you feel. How else do you motivate kids to succeed? With no motivation all that's left is the certainty of a mediocre life.

I'm so sick and #¥©<¡¿& tired of this everybody wins, I eat tofu 'cause cows have feelings too, gluten free, organic is better, smart car, global warming, carbon footprint, mom's against everything, neo hippie bull$#!+.

Makes me want to drive my kid to field day in a hemi 'Cuda with Jimi Hendrix' Star Spangled Banner blaring on the radio while eating a brisket sammich from a cow that I personally shot in the head, then watch him kick everyone's @$$ in all the events while my wife slaps the $#!+ out of all the other moms for turning their kids into p*$$!#$ and not letting them eat chicken McNuggets.

Sorry, rant over...

I remeber having field days in elementary school.

The sole purpose then was to destroy the competition. It was about proving yourself, building strength, and realizing potential. The only time teamwork was involved was in the water balloon toss or tug of war. Even then it was about picking the right team members and destroying the other team. Used to be an early lesson in natural selection. That 1st place ribbon was the only one that mattered.

Now everyone is 1st place just for showing up. Welcome to the herd, please take your participation award. What a crock of $#!+. The only way to make a winner is for them to know how bad losing makes you feel. How else do you motivate kids to succeed? With no motivation all that's left is the certainty of a mediocre life.

I'm so sick and #¥©<¡¿& tired of this everybody wins, I eat tofu 'cause cows have feelings too, gluten free, organic is better, smart car, global warming, carbon footprint, mom's against everything, neo hippie bull$#!+.

Makes me want to drive my kid to field day in a hemi 'Cuda with Jimi Hendrix' Star Spangled Banner blaring on the radio while eating a brisket sammich from a cow that I personally shot in the head, then watch him kick everyone's @$$ in all the events while my wife slaps the $#!+ out of all the other moms for turning their kids into p*$$!#$ and not letting them eat chicken McNuggets.

Sorry, rant over...
Don't beat around the bush man. We're all friends here - take a minute and tell us how you really feel!! :rolleyes:

LES, your thoughts mirror mine. I have seen my kids, with no prodding, walk into the house after some event with a "participant" ribbon and deposit it right in the trash. They seem to get it. Fortunately they are both involved in things where they have 1st place winner

Better to Learn young only the strong survive gonna find out anyway why do people want to shelter there kids out of having a life and then get mad when there 40 and living in your basement

Back