• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

please recommend how-to videos or guides for parts swap

I am ready to swap the barrel (20"), magazine tube (extended), and forend (stock) on my Mossberg 500 for an 18.5" barrel, shorter (~14 inches) magazine tube and Hogue forend. The barrel and magazine tube are from Mossberg.

I've looked through the owner's manual and done some online searches, but I would aprpeciate if the folks here have any suggestions for particularly helpful how-to videos from Youtube or written guides. Additionally, if there are any particular things I should watch for, I would appreciate your advice.

Thanks.

take a look right here on the 500 sub forums.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=26

don't forget the pics of you mod. :)

as far as the mag tube,,,,,heat the receiver where the tube threads in to break the loctite. then get a good grip and put the mussel on it.

Thanks - that video is helpful.

The glue is on the magazine tube threads? should I get locktite and glue the new magazine tube in place?

johncard said:
Thanks - that video is helpful.

The glue is on the magazine tube threads? should I get locktite and glue the new magazine tube in place?

the loctite is on the old mag tube threads. once you get it off,clean the receiver threads good.
i wouldn't loctite the new mag tube,just tighten it real good with some mussel.

johncard said:
"heat the receiver"? - hold a candle under it? for how long?

sorry i should have mentioned,,,,,use a heat gun or a hair dryer.

Back