• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

POV rifle mounted camera

bellofello

.270 WIN
Has anyone tried to use a weapon mounted cam for video purpose instead of going with a helmet cam?

I taped up my gopro motorsports hero to my tac22 for some trigger time tomorrow. Looks pretty fugly, but hopefully it will make for some cool footage.

I'll post my results once I upload them.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332651363.607013.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332651363.607013.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 1,013
I made my own camera mount using a spare 1 inch scope ring, spare picatinny rail that is there for nothing more than to support the weight of the camera, and a 1/4-20 bolt.

cameragunmount079.jpg

I dunno how the wide angle lense would make that look. Having an actual scope cam would be pretty schweet though

Here's some footage from testing my ghetto bootie mount.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dLduh02bVU[/youtube]
I've since added a piece of dense foam in between the plastic of the mount and stock to try and reduce noise distortion while firing.

Also did a firmware update on the camera that apparently helps with the clarity.

More to come.

That camera does a much better job than my old one.

Yea apparently they had problems with the early 3 megapixel versions.

I'm anxious to get a newer HD version. Hopefully you'd be able to see the targets more clearly.

Very nice. Does that camera have image stabilization? The video looked pretty smooth.

No, I'm just an elite Jedi operator ;)

Haha, it must have some sort stabilization. Even when I mount it on my ATV and rip down a bumpy road it's pretty stable.

I sense that the force is strong in you......

Yea I can't wait to get some more footage.

I'm going to set up a little run'n'gun soon to get some "action" footage

Tap Rack Bang!!!! ;) :D

Cool videos.

Thanks gentlemen, I'd like to get out again and set up something more organized. I've heard of rail gopro mounts that I want to try out on my flat top.

Back