• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Primary Elections

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
I made it to the polls at 19:30 last night and was only the 62nd person to vote as per the counter on the ballot scanner. Three precincts were set up at the church where I voted and I was the only non-election worker there.

Pretty sad that more people don't take an interest in their own lives and future of this country. people talk a good show but seems like only a fraction show up to actually take part in the process.

Part of me wishes that all states had their primaries/caucuses on the same day. As it is now people drop out before supporters in other states even got a chance to nominate them. What are others thoughts on this whole process?

This election year... Is crazy. I cant think of a time there has been more division. When was the last time so many candidates made it this far?

We vote on super tuesday and I really dont even know who I wanna vote for...

MikeD said:
"...Pretty sad that more people don't take an interest in their own lives and future of this country. people talk a good show but seems like only a fraction show up to actually take part in the process.

Part of me wishes that all states had their primaries/caucuses on the same day. As it is now people drop out before supporters in other states even got a chance to nominate them. What are others thoughts on this whole process?"

It's sad and it's scary in regards to voter participation as the older that many are in terms of those who haven't voted in years?...the less I actually want them to vote 'now' when possibly all they're actually crawling out of their self-imposed alienation for is to support the guy or gal who will most likely keep that (now unfunded) check coming...period. I'm not scared of the other party...I'm scared of "it's all about the kids..." especially older members on MY side of the fence talking the traditional big game about generational theft and shared sacrifice...while at the same time getting behind that anonymous voting curtain and voting for what's best for THEM regardless of whether their kids/grandkids suffer for it or not (see Paul Ryan's much anticipated budget plan that even Gingrich couldn't rightfully get away with calling "social engineering").

As for having all primaries on the same day and taking a month or better to make certain that there is no fraud involved in counting the ballots...I'm all for it. The state parties are manipulating the process with these early primaries and anybody can plainly see from what choices we have left on the Republican side with the whole thing barely started that we will never elect a decent candidate with strong ideas yet shallow pockets the way it is now.

MikeD said:
"...Part of me wishes that all states had their primaries/caucuses on the same day. As it is now people drop out before supporters in other states even got a chance to nominate them. What are others thoughts on this whole process?..."

I would also ask voters to finally eliminate all term limit legislation presently proposed or on the books. Along with trying to convince young people that they should let the entire older generation slide into retirement unscathed with an entirely different 'deal' than all others will ever possibly come even close to receiving...term limits have been used to convince kids also that it is long term politicians at fault for the mess that they will inherit as opposed to the generations who put them there in the first place (and who then simply kept their mouths shut claiming to not be 'capable' of doing the fiscal math that they continue to feign ignorance on today).

Good people are hard to find. Don't force them to do something else if they've found their calling heroically fixing what nobody else has had the guts to do previously. Genuine heros (which is what these people will be if they succeed) deserve our support and not just for 'a term or two' but with a well paid career plus benefits for effectively saving the republic.

I VOTED TODAY!!!

Didnt think I would make it in time, but I got there with one minute to spare!

Rossignol said:
I VOTED TODAY!!!

Didnt think I would make it in time, but I got there with one minute to spare!

Excellent!!

Back