• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Purchased my first shotgun

UFCGUY1

Copper BB
I recently purchased my first shotgun, a 500 mariner 12 gauge with an 18.5" barrel in the marinecote finish, it also came with an ATI tactical stock! I wanted to make it more eye appealing so I ordered at matching heat shield for it; through the mossberg website. Question is....... how easy will it be to install when it arrives via FEDEX?????

Welcome to Mossberg Owners forum. We are glad to have you as part of our growing online community. Congratulations on your new Mossberg 500. As for the heatshield installation; all you have to do is remove the front bead sight and slide it on. Secure the two screws and put the bead sight back on.

WOW!! Thank you for the quick feedback; I will be sure to post a picture of the final product. I'm not too sure if I want to get too carried away with all the accessories and such. Nice and simple!

Glad to help! If you have any issues while installing feel free to post up here.

We're happy to have you here! Annd I dont think you'll have any trouble with the heat shield. The bead is simple to take off and we cant wait to see it completed!

Welcome to the forums!!

I've got a %90A1 with a heat shield and Maverick 88 with a heat shield, very easy to install.. Any questions just ask away..

Back