• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Purchasing new 930 barrel.

WilburPost

Copper BB
I'm thinking of purchasing a "back-up" barrel for my 930SPX. I am going to get the 18.5" bead barrel (93020).

I am purchasing the barrel from a vendor, not from Mossberg. I know the barrel does not come with the gas piston. Does the barrel come with the STRONG flat spring and retainer in the gas chamber?

If not, what parts would I need to purchase from Mossberg to complete that part so that if I switch barrels, I can just switch out the gas piston and be GTG?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Wilbur, Yes, the barrel will come with everything included except the Gas piston. When your new barrel arrives, the Gas Piston from your old barrel will almost certainly not operate smoothly like it does on the old barrel. Why? Because of the blueing inside the Gas Cylinder, differences in manufacturering etc. Just work the piston in and out of the new barrels gas cylinder until it loosens up and you should be good to go. Have a great day.

Paul

Back