• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. January 2014

JGAS

Correct they use lies, damned lies and "statistics" to cover up the truth. They also have the likes of Piers Morgan spouting the same lies on CNN.

Fortunately, I live in a state that has already made clear it's intentions to not follow any federal mandates regarding the limitation of legal firearm ownership.

Unfortunately, if they cave I would be forced to give up my firearms or my career, as I work for county probation and do not think they would look kindly upon my refusal. (Once again I do not think my state would let this happen to it's citizens, at least not without a fight. There has always been talks about seceding thrown about every time the fed tries to limit rights. I'm talking about TX, if you haven't figured that out already.)

I would at least hope they would offer financial compensation as they did when they had mandatory gun buybacks in Australia. I have a lot of time and money invested in my collection and would have a hard time parting with it.

Even if they had a buyback they can go screw themselves.....But, I'd take 2 million $$$ per gun. Cash up front. Non taxable. ;)

Not a chance willingly. I never bought an AR before the NY BS act which I wanted to and now cannot. If I did have one there is no way it would be registered.

There is absolutely no reason for registering besides eventual confiscation. Registering does not stop lunatics from shooting up public places. It doesn't stop school shootings. What does it do besides create a list?

Now with the ammo crap laws, I will be stockpiling with out of state ammo. I used to keep 200-300 rounds of 00 buck, several boxes of slugs, and mounds of target loads. The buck and slugs I think I will increase 4-5 fold at least. What good will a gun be in the future if you can't find ammo? I'm sure others will do the same in NY. Maybe they will realize their law sort of backfired.

I would rather pee on an electric fence, then consider every handing over my firearms.

When it comes to gun removal there will be no such thing are cooperation, or detainment.
There will be no justice in such acts, there will be however the removal of your rights.

People say, but but but, the big bad gooberment will take your guns away by force.

Then I say, that is exactly what it will take and when I am dead they can have my firearm and make scrap them and make them into ID tags for the sheep that did not resist. !

Salted Weapon said:
I would rather pee on an electric fence, then consider every handing over my firearms.

Great line right there Salted Weapon! That would be a good signature line.

Never is my answer. The 2nd Amendment is the only reason we have the others and will be able to keep them. I am an American born citizen not a subject under a dictatorship. My firearms will not leave my possession as long as I am alive and able to defend myself and my loved ones. I will not surrender my firearms to any one.

I can't imagine any conditions under which I would give up my guns, but I promise when they take them there will be brass everywhere.

Very interesting discussion.
I would like to trek down a different path: Who are they people that are going to follow the orders to confiscate? Every single LEO has sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States, and even the most retarded of them are aware of the 2nd Amendment.

We only have to look to Germany before WWII, to know some people will follow orders......Will our brown shirts be the CBPA or the UN?

A proposition to think about; what if a single vigilante soul here and there decided to decided NIMBY. He also was a shooter the loved LR shooting. Maybe even had acquired a silencer for his 338 Lapua.

Those "order followers" are no different then the gangs of today, when they confront strength, they run and hide.

A single "renegade" sniper half a mile away would be 1000X more effective than the poor soul trying to play Rambo in his home against 10-15 goons trying to confiscate weapons. Let one agent suddenly drop dead from lead poisoning, and the rest would forget about the mission and retreat.

Makes for a nice movie story......could it be done???????????? (Only those that regularly practice know :roll: )

old wanderer said:
I would like to trek down a different path: Who are they people that are going to follow the orders to confiscate? Every single LEO has sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States, and even the most retarded of them are aware of the 2nd Amendment.

We only have to look to Germany before WWII, to know some people will follow orders......Will our brown shirts be the CBPA or the UN?

A proposition to think about; what if a single vigilante soul here and there decided to decided NIMBY. He also was a shooter the loved LR shooting. Maybe even had acquired a silencer for his 338 Lapua.

Those "order followers" are no different then the gangs of today, when they confront strength, they run and hide.

A single "renegade" sniper half a mile away would be 1000X more effective than the poor soul trying to play Rambo in his home against 10-15 goons trying to confiscate weapons. Let one agent suddenly drop dead from lead poisoning, and the rest would forget about the mission and retreat.

Makes for a nice movie story......could it be done???????????? (Only those that regularly practice know :roll: )

Vive la resistance !!

old wanderer said:

The "good" cops and others who would be ordered to confiscate probably would not follow those orders. But the news is full of reports of those who use their power illegally and these are the ones who look forward to gun confiscation as a way to feed their power grab. They are the ones that slam 80 yr old women to the ground or tase/pepper spray/shoot someone already handcuffed. But those are the cops that would have targets on their backs if the shtf.

As for the "renegade sniper" with a 1000 yd shot scenario, that may be credible in a rural environment but not in an urban setting. It would take more than just one person and it would require an complete E&E plan. Don't forget the drones and helicopters with FLIR that would be put into play. Just hope it doesn't come to that...

2014 Elections will tell you if you need to start burying guns.

Unfortunately, I have none to bury. I sold all mine to a nice older gentlemen who agreed to let me use them whenever I like. He meets me once a week, brings me ammo and everything. Always shows up at my house. His name's Bob. Kansas plates. He lets me take pictures of his guns and everything. Nice guy. No telephone number or address for him.

IF I had any guns when they came for them...they might want to watch out, those barrels will be hot...

My dead bullet ridden body laying on a pool of brass. That's the circumstance in which they can have my guns. I'm fortunate to be an American. I've lived with blessings and luxuries that many people elsewhere in the world will never know. Things that we only have in the first place because we had our guns. I feel it would be my duty as an American to fight till the very end doing everything I could to protect my rights or the rights of others. I'd proudly die fighting for our rights.

Guys,

I spoke with the FFL guy that I used to receive the old school (wood furniture) Mossberg 500A that I bought over the internet.

I raised this question with him, and was somewhat comforted by what he said.

I was under the impression that when I bought a gun either from a dealer here in Texas, or had it shipped to an FFL, then the information I provided to the dealer or FFL to run a background check on me provided information about the gun (and now me) to the FBI, BATF, NSA, TSA, CIA, or some such.

He said "absolutely not". When he runs the standard background check (through the FBI system I assume), that he provides no information regarding my purchase of a particular firearm. Yes, he is required to keep record of the transaction in his physical files (for 20 years), but some federal agency does not have information that would allow them to come to my door (during martial law or some other SHTF scenario), and say "where is the old school Mossberg 500A that you bought in January, 2014?"

He said the FBI system has no such capability, that it is basically background check only, and that it has no capability to track firearm sales to purchasers. The FBI/BATF/etc. COULD go get all of the files of all of the FFLs and look at/for guns+owners that way, but that scenario would be a logistical impossibility.

So... bottom line... I was relieved that no government system has record of any/all of the guns I may have purchased over the last 10 years. Not to mention the impossibility of tracking private sales between individuals, or those that have been handed down as gifts, etc.

So I'm trying to imagine a scenario where the 'law' comes to my door and has any knowledge of what firearms I possess. I suppose they could trump up some reason to search the house, or they could ask/demand "all firearms be turned in to your local authorities" but short of that they wouldn't be able to enforce any requirement to turn over the guns that anyone allegedly may have.

I'm sure states like New Yawk and Kaleefornya are much different. And we've seen how quickly and easily Boston Ma. residents "sheltered in place" and submitted to house to house searches, but, umm, don't think that's gonna happen anywhere but the northeast or way out west.

here it through the State police, they only get the information on a person to determine they are allowed to own a firearm, not the particulars about the firearm
The record kept by an FFL is the only thing they need to track a gun. Don't believe for a second if the government wanted it they would get it.....by gun point, break in in the night and take it, hack his computer and take it. Private sales only takes the original owner before you to tell where it went.

At this stage I have very little to further the substantial discussion.

Many thanks to malagamarksman for taking the time to carefully relate his real world experience.

There are too many laws as is. No one supports the ileagle use of guns. No further steps toward 'common sense' gun controls need to be taken and my votes and my words will be used to the fullest extent to repel attempts to impliment any new infringements AND to repeal current infringements on the rights of good citizens.

Back