• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Questions for Mossberg 95300 Ghost-Ring Sight Kit Mossberg 5

georgeforce66

Copper BB
I want to place in my Mossberg 590 ( 50645 ) . Mossberg 95300 chost-ring sight kit mossberg 500/590 Especially the front sight how placed on the barrel . Video would help too . Thanks very much for any help .

Re: Questions for Mossberg 95300 Ghost-Ring Sight Kit Mossbe

The bead sight must be removed and the ghost ring front sight has to be silver soldered to the barrel, then the barrel has to re-parkerized. It can cost about $100 for installation (plus the $70 or so for the GSR kit) and it is honestly cheaper to buy the correct barrel from Mossberg. I am actually on the phone with Mossberg right now ordering the 18.5" barrel with the GSR. Cost is $135 shipped.

WiKDMoNKY said:
The bead sight must be removed and the ghost ring front sight has to be silver soldered to the barrel, then the barrel has to re-parkerized. It can cost about $100 for installation (plus the $70 or so for the GSR kit) and it is honestly cheaper to buy the correct barrel from Mossberg. I am actually on the phone with Mossberg right now ordering the 18.5" barrel with the GSR. Cost is $135 shipped.

So if I have a 590A1 that has a 20" barrel with the bead sight, I can call up Mossberg and order the same 20" 590A1 barrel with the front sight tower on it? Then just switch barrels, buy the rear ghost ring, and I'm good to go?

Well I have a barrel for a model #51663 ordered from Mossberg and a Mossberg GRS kit ordered from midwayusa.

The phone call to Mossberg for the barrel took 45 minutes. I was on hold 3 times which added up to 35 of those minutes. The lady that helped me was super nice. Total with shipping was $135.4?.

Hopefully they will arrive in the next week and I can put it all together.

Back