• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

quick question

GR00VY

Long time no post for me. Been busy with family and slinging lead :D Since my last posts I have really used my 590a1 a lot. Took it down for cleaning and noticed these marks from the barrel hitting the receiver. I know aluminum vs steel, steel wins. But since the aluminum is so built up their, is this going to a problem?

Howdy GROOVY.

As long as the barrel is seating properly this shouldn't cause any issues. You might try tightening the mag tube cap a bit tighter to ensure that the barrel isn't able to move during fire. The cap on my A1 gets a little stubborn and I use a channel lock plier with electrical tape over the teeth to get about another half turn that I can't get by hand...

I've got quite a few "break-in" marks in my receiver that are quite normal. Keep an eye on the area as you clean it every so often, but I wouldn't worry about it one bit!

I think you'll be ok. Use the suggested channel lock fix. Make sure the barrel doesn't shift in there with the bolt back.
The bolt locks into the lug recess in the barrel extension. That part is steel on steel and you should be GTG so long as your bolt isn't unlocking when it shouldn't. If the barrel is solid when the bolt is locked up like that just confirm that it still is when you have the bolt open too.

The mag tube cap should be able to keep the barrel secure even with a little peening of the barrel extension step in the receiver.

Back