• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rains Came and may Continue

nasa

.270 WIN
Had big plans to do some range testing with my shotguns. Got some targets and a bunch of #00 to play with, and my predictions were correct, predictions I made months back. Five and a half inches so far. The range is plenty muddy right now. Afraid to know what came with it but we were needing it pretty bad. My neighbors well runs for about 30 minutes before it pulls air. Mines not that bad for it's about 125 feet deeper than his.

One of my better buds came by and had to check out the shottys. He was fairly impressed but thought the 835 was too heavy on the barrel. Had nine 3 inch #00 15 pellet rounds in the magazine. We check out the range but like I say it was just too muddy. He left and I tended to the Bullies in the kennel and the better half has me cut more carpet for their sleeping area. Don't get me wrong, their sleeping area is 6x8, front fenced area 9x10 shaded and to the rear thy always have access to the dog run 150x75.

Anyway he called me later saying he was going to rent a BobCat for doing some heavy duty yard work for 2 days when it dried up enough and says he can get it for a full week for another bit of change, Heck yes, I can do a lot more with a BobCat than a worn out box blade and under powered front end loader. Raise the berm on my range and build a pad where I can set up for a 100 yard range, terrace the sides for flower beds and maybe a fish pond. Have to do something for the better half. Really need to make them happy once in a while.

Earlier in the week we made an 8x10 U shaped shooting bench for a much longer range. It's built strong enough for the big boys. I didn't go out there this weekend so don't know if anyone else did or not with the rain as it was. I figure if they did it probably turned into a mud bog event because they got 3 to 5 more inched than I did.

I did a little bit or real work this past week but the shooting table, modifing my tri-rail to fit a vented rib barrel and doing a repair on an electric pigeon tosser were pretty much the sum of another week gone by.

Finished it off today by giving all my guns a thorough cleaning and lube, Slugs in the 88 and #00 in the 835 and a hand full of #000 and slugs for the .410.

sorry to hear that... ya'll need a bit of rain in TX, but I would like to see a bit more of it get pushed up into Oklahoma.

Dang, sounds like youre busy anyhow! Range plans sound great!

What kind of dogs do you have? I've looked at bird launchers and was thinkin about a kick launcher, or a coffe can! :D The electric launcher with remote would be great to have though! I could use one right now!!!

Back