• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rear monopod

NY74

.22LR
monopod.JPG Would adding a rear monopod improve accuracy?

monopod_zpswilfbawm.jpg

It can.

Here's a review I put up a while back on the AccuShot Monopod. I have three of them, one on all of my bench guns...

http://mossbergowners.com/forum/ind...recision-rail-monopod-review.2711/#post-31657

It can be a great tool for fine adjustments. However, the rifle moves with every shot requiring adjustment of the monopod elevation every time. It's unavoidable. The AccuShot models are more capable of adjustment than any others I've tried and the rest proved to be pretty much useless. Lately I find myself using a rear sand bag instead. My personal opinion, that'd be the better way to so. The bags are cheap and more versatile than the monopods. You can even make them yourself with a bit of material from old clothing and some common sand...

The rear bags I use are much smaller and much simpler, but that's the idea. As long as you can squeeze or release tension on the bag to change the elevation on your crosshairs it'll be just as, if not more, useful than a monopod...

Back