• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Receiver finish

FMA1972

.22LR
Just picked up a new in box 590A1 model 51517 and upon closer examination, noticed a couple of things different from my 51660 and 51663 purchased a few months ago.

Where the M590A1 is stamped, there's a rectangular discoloring as if something was pressed to stamp the model number on there. Also, on the other side there's tiny blemishes and a couple of scratches. I stood there as the dealer unsealed the box and installed the barrell, so I know it's brand new. Am I being paranoid?

Thanks in advance for easing my concerns.

Not paranoid at all.

Sometimes they get scratched during production or transport to the dealer. If you don't like it, send it back. Personally, if it's not a functional issue it wouldn't bother me much. Scratches on a shotgun are SEXY... :D

its supposed to be a fighting gun, so scratches are just cosmetic. As long as it cycles and continues doing so flawlessly without pause, aim, fire, pump, repeat.

I wouldn't worry about it either.

If it bothers you and the dealer is willing to switch swap it out then do that.

Best of luck.

Back