• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Reciever differences vs 590A1

I just recently got an 835 back in Dec. The times I have taken it out back for some fun, I notice that loading "feels" different than my 590. Didn't think anything off it, figured it was certain shells since they vary from manufacture to the next. Then I had some friends over and we got to shoot both at the same time. That's when I figured it out.

Mossberg made the loading area smaller. The 835 trigger has this ramp built into it, which shortens the feed about 1/4". Pics are below.

Anybody notice the same thing? Kind of annoying. I like loading the 590, very effortless vs wrestling shells into the 835. Seems like Mossberg built the 590 to accept 3.5 shells better than the 835. I assure you, they are the same shells, just the camera playing tricks.

What gives?

Cheers :lol:

MOE

Attachments

• loading small.JPG
    loading small.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 40
Think of it like chevy vs gmc....same thing cept little differences to distinguish themselves apart.

Back