• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recoil question

RobG

This is my first time owning a Mossberg 500 Persuader 50590 20″ Barrel 12 Gauge shot gun, and I was trying to learn all about the specs for this shot gun.

There're a few things I wanted to know about this shot gun and one of the things I need to know is what is the thing called at the back end of the shot gun called? I'm adding a link so you can see what I'm talking about.

https://shoot-straight.com/product/mossberg-500-persuader-50590-20-barrel-12-gauge/

I'm referring to Recoil expander, is this the correct word for this attachment

I posted this same question in another Shotgun forum and it has been days with no answer, so I decided to posting it here were I know I'll get a answer. Thank you

Last edited:
Sweet thanks so much Mossy, I couldn't get a straight answer for anyone in the other forum glad I found this one.

Sweet thanks so much Mossy, I couldn't get a straight answer for anyone in the other forum glad I found this one.

Yes, we're happy to give a straight answer here, even if it is the wrong one... ;)

Welcome Aboard! :)

OP... have you shot the gun yet with just the pistol grip? Not saying that it can't suit anyone... but general consensus is to loose the pistol grip and go with a standard stock. MUCH more control and recoil management. I've tried some 00 buck loads with just a pistol grip and wish I never had!

OP... have you shot the gun yet with just the pistol grip? Not saying that it can't suit anyone... but general consensus is to loose the pistol grip and go with a standard stock. MUCH more control and recoil management. I've tried some 00 buck loads with just a pistol grip and wish I never had!

No yet but will maybe this weekend, I plan to add a adjustable stock on it and a few other features but thanks for the heads up.

I just saw some pistol grips that look a lot like that today on the shelf at Bass Pro Shop; I believe they were made by Blackhawk.

Back