• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Red dot question

smithjr said:
Shoten said:
Mine came from Walmart for $50... So I guess it more depends on what model you get or maybe I just got lucky... :)

so urs has held up? does it keep the sight accurate after each round? do u have a short barrel or stock?

I've used it with a ported slug barrel, 28" bird barrel, and the 18.5" Security barrel. Haven't had any issues at all. I'll try to find the model number tonight for you.

Shotgun Jeremy said:
I've got a TruGlo on mine. I picked it up from a pawn shop for $65 new. It says its made for shotguns and even has different reticles for slugs and shot. Its been holding up so far.

My next gun though-I'm going through Primary Arms. Those guys are awesome and have good products priced right.

is that a reflex site? or just a red dot?

does anyone have a preference reflex vs red dot? is one easier to see or faster to get up to shoot?

Mines a red dot. My understanding with reflex vs red dot is the reflex sights don't work off a battery. So that's cool from a technological standpoint.

If I'm wrong on that-please educate me. Lol

I always thought a red dot was tube configured and a reflex is the single plane of glass, open no tube. I have both and they both run off of batteries

ok, cuz with that one i had, may it rest in piece(s) lol, it seemed almost to small of a lens to get up and centered to where i needed it to be, i feel a reflex or a holographic sight might be better since it has a more open faced design, just trying to find a reliable one that can stand up to a 12 gauge recoil lol

I have a PA micro green dot reflex sight that has been on a Glock then went to the 12 ga for a while and still works to this day. The only thing I don’t like about it is that is doesn’t have an on/off switch.
When it has the cover it goes to a super low power mode but still draws battery life. PA is working on one with a power switch but no ETA on it hitting the market soon……also a mod on here, LES, really likes the SIghtmark and says it has held up fine for 12 ga use

Smithjr...

Do you keep both eyes open when you bring the gun up and while aiming and shooting? Red dots and reflex sights work best that way and will make the tube or housing almost invisible when sighting at a target.

Back