• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Replacement rear sight for 702?

Anyone know of a source for a replacement rear sight for a 702? Or anyone have one they'd be interesting in selling cheap?

Are there rear sights off a different make/model that will work? The Marlin 60 sight looks similar, but I haven't looked at it real close.

Sent an email off to service@mossberg.com but no answer so far. It's only been a couple days, so I'm hoping.

DenverGP said:
Anyone know of a source for a replacement rear sight for a 702? Or anyone have one they'd be interesting in selling cheap?

Are there rear sights off a different make/model that will work? The Marlin 60 sight looks similar, but I haven't looked at it real close.

Sent an email off to service@mossberg.com but no answer so far. It's only been a couple days, so I'm hoping.
Are you just looking to replace a lost or damaged rear sight? If so I'd stay with the OEM unit and get it through Mossberg. If they do not respond soon post up - we have contacts there in CS - I don't have the info at hand but can get it.

I went with a scope on my 702 - as I recall the stock sights worked pretty well and adjusted nicely as well.

I don't know of much aftermarket (don't mix and match from other makers unless you know the specs are accurate) - I have seen these on line: http://www.tech-sights.com/mossberg.htm

Don't know anything about them - could be a decent upgrade but you could have a basic red dot or scope for the same money.

Original sight was removed and lost. I've got a cheap scope on there at the moment, but would just like to be able to put the plinkster back to original condition for some simple open sight shooting.

They do make generic rear sights for dovetail attachment purposes (or you could get any other weapon's dovetail that would work), though I don't know if (a) you have anything else in the way and (b) if you could get one short enough to allow good zeroing at shorter ranges. Some are pretty short but the angles are key.

Ebay has quite a few.

Back