• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Reporter tweets horror that gun fires 'if the trigger is pulled'

My main concern would be that the CPO left the gun unattended! THAT is more horrifying to me!

An off-duty sheriff came into a Chinese restaurant last night still in his olive-drab uniform while we dined. Oddly, his duty belt was sans pistol. And he didn't pull up in a cruiser. Maybe he left the gun in the car?

My main concern would be that the CPO left the gun unattended! THAT is more horrifying to me!

An off-duty sheriff came into a Chinese restaurant last night still in his olive-drab uniform while we dined. Oddly, his duty belt was sans pistol. And he didn't pull up in a cruiser. Maybe he left the gun in the car?

So many restaurant owners these days would rather cow tail to the liberals than allow even LEO to have a firearm in their establishment. I think if it were me I would find a place where I was welcome while on duty. Imho a sidearm is part of the officers uniform.

I'll tell you something that happened in my town.

Several years ago, there was a court hearing in another state. I can't remember where, but basically the defendant had somehow wrestled the gun away from a bailiff or officer and shot and/or killed one or two people.

About a week later, the judge in our town prohibited guns in our courthouse.

Of course this applied to everyone but him.

Where he was a judge, he could have a gun. As well as the district attorney (by state law).

The police and even the community was not happy with the judge.

Our judges are elected locally.

Next election, the judge lost his re-election bid quite handily.

But it was past time anyway.

He was sentenced one person to stop smoking cigarettes. Sentenced one guy I know to have to attend sunday and Wednesday church services for a year and the preacher had to sign an attendance sheet. All kinds of crazy stuff.

Maybe. But more likely his backup was in an ankle holster.

"not just any gun - A glock" - Like a glock is some evil and sinister thing that should frighten children. This is exactly what Bridget B was trying to get across. Next thing you know it will be termed "assault pistol "and then we know where it goes from there.

These people will not give up until all guns are gone. This is a multi year strategy that has been running since the 60's.

First it was the education system - check.
Next it was the press/media - check.
Now it's health care - in process.
Then it's guns - pending. Thanks God Hilary didn't win.

It's maddening. I woke up this morning, turned on the news and the first story was about a few idiot politicians in DC lobbying for Puerto Rico to become the 51st state. Who in their right minds think that this is a good idea. Just what we need another left leaning welfare state. It's not good enough that a significant portion of their population are here already for Christ sake's!!!

It's maddening. I woke up this morning, turned on the news and the first story was about a few idiot politicians in DC lobbying for Puerto Rico to become the 51st state. Who in their right minds think that this is a good idea. Just what we need another left leaning welfare state. It's not good enough that a significant portion of their population are here already for Christ sake's!!!

Not going OT too much but I live in an area with a high density of PR transplants. Either from the hurricanes or from NY/NJ. For the most part, the majority of them are honest, hard-working, Christ-fearing, family-oriented folk. They are my friends, my kid's friends/classmates and our neighbors. And many actually vote conservatively--not all are lefties. But there are some real losers here. Scumbags that will lie to your face then joke about it in spanish to their friends not realizing I can understand them. And don't get me started on how badly they drive (PR flag hanging from rearview mirror). For the same reasons you've mentioned, I am totally against PR statehood and in fact, I am ALL for independence--cut that sucker loose!

And of course, once PR gets in, DC is soon to follow! :eek:

So many restaurant owners these days would rather cow tail to the liberals than allow even LEO to have a firearm in their establishment. I think if it were me I would find a place where I was welcome while on duty. Imho a sidearm is part of the officers uniform.
You know that's an interesting observation. Up here, as uptight as people are about guns...no one would ever expect a uniformed PO to go without their sidearm on their belt. In fact, most people would be wondering where the gun was...lol. If cops come in to patronize your business here, that would usually be taken as a compliment. And, likely give the officers a discount as well.

Back